Competition gun in the making... need opions

Discussion in 'Practical Precision--PRS, NRL, ELR' started by Shooting in the wind..., Jan 4, 2020.

1. Shooting in the wind...

Shooting in the wind...

Hey gun, so i been wanting to either build or buy a prs rifle and my main problem is i am left handed so my options are very limited. Sooo...
    1. Build a rem 700 sa in 6mm creedmoor
    2. Buy a savage 10 stealth evolution 6mm creed
    3. Buy a bergara b14 Hmr in 6 or 6.5 creed
    I have a rem 700 sa action i could use but till i get a barrel and stock and the action trued up im looking at almost 1000.00 for the build.
    Savage evolution has everything i want straight from factory at around 1350.00. Bergara is nice but i have head quite a few complaint about barrels walking on long strings of fire. I am so stumped on what to do. I been researching now for almost a year and i think its time to either go or get off the pot. What do you all think???

2. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Build the remington

3. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

If your Smith can do the Rem. in a timely fashion and really knows what he is doing ( such as bolt relocation ) I would do that. Be sure to get a high-quality trigger, you will thank yourself over & over for that one. For PRS you may want to think about a chassis for your barreled action. 6mm will be a bit cheaper to load for if you reload. I have only seen one of the Savages you mentioned and the guy could really shoot it off a bipod out to 850 that day......Best of luck & happy shooting.

Regards
    Rick

4. 10XSHOOTER

10XSHOOTER Gold $$ Contributor

Build the Remington. 6 Creedmoor shoot the 110's at a little over 3000FPS, And you'll be very Happy!

5. Shooting in the wind...

Shooting in the wind...

Thanks i am in the proccess of finding a chassi, kida sucks when your left handed....lol

6. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

If you get a stock or aluminum chassis its no problem to make it left handed. You can run it as modified if you dont care about cosmetics or get it painted where youll never even know

7. Shooting in the wind...

Shooting in the wind...

Yea guess i could but id rather have something thats made for leftys, kinda sick of always having to make due you know...

8. 6MMsteve

6MMsteve Gold $$ Contributor

get a good barrel, on that rem action

9. Dave Marshall

Dave Marshall

What is your budget?

There are plenty of high quality custom Rem700 footprint actions available for building PRS rifles. A Remington 700 can be made to work, but there are some real drawbacks in regards to longevity and value.

There are also plenty of left handed options for stocks and chassis as well. You can even get riflescopes with the windage knob on the opposite side if you want.

SnipersHide actually has a classified section for Left handed items. I just browsed the first two pages and could have built 5 rifles. Lol