Colt Python 2020

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by james, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Uthink Uknow

Uthink Uknow Gold $$ Contributor

Well, as I said earlier, I had a Blued Python that I bought in 1965 for the beastly sum of $137.00 and kept it until last year when I bequeathed it to my grandson. I didn’t shoot it much, maybe 300 rounds that fired away flawlessly and on target. My brother bought a Trooper the same day I bought the Python for $118.00. “That damned Python is too much money for me”. He sold his quick in 1974 so his Trooper wouldn’t be lost in the divorce for I don’t know how much and he didn’t tell me he was selling it. So you see, the Python is a better gun than the Trooper.
    I put my deductive talents to work on this one.

joshb likes this.
  2. rkittine

rkittine Gold $$ Contributor

Original Python's do have timing problems when shot a lot. It is a cult following. For shooting Magnums, I prefer my Model 27 S&W and for .38 Specials my Model 19.

JimT likes this.
  3. Shinbone

Shinbone

Colt snake guns are like Winchester Model 21 shotguns. Yes, they were good, still, though, had some "quirks." But, collectors, fueled by nostalgia, have driven the price up beyond crazy-stupid.

Point out to a M21 collector that he overpaid for a heavy-for-gauge shotgun that points like a club, and he'll bite your head off for his bitterness.

JMHO

4. JimT

JimT “I don’t even own a piece of camo!”-Kenny Jarrett

5. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Or pre-64 model 70 rifles, same way

6. Hohn

Hohn

Likewise. My suspicion is that LONG GONE are all the long-tenured artisans who knew how to hand fit and polish everything to make those revolvers legendary. Can modern CNC magic make up for the lack of skilled labor?

We shall see.

7. Shinbone

Shinbone

S&W vs Colt vs Ruger, by Jerry Miculek