canned hunt video

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by M700, Sep 22, 2006.

1. M700

M700

Good documentary on the disgusting practice of canned "high fence" hunts, something no ethical hunter would want to be associated with. Worth watching, to understand the extent of the problem. If you can stand it.

http://real-hunters.com/full.swf

Regards, Guy

2. chuckw2

chuckw2

Guy,

That is one of the saddest video I have ever seen. I know a guy that paid 25K, get this to shoot a cape buffalo in of all places,Central Florida. He has it mounted in his den. It is an embarrassment.

I like to shoot pigs, and have shot pigs at long ranges all over the USA. Most places would let you shoot their pigs for a very small fee in the old days because they were vermin for the land owner.

Now the high fence operations are importing pigs to shoot and there are no really big pigs left except on private farms.

We have turned into a population that wants a 140 class deer or nothing.. The anti gun crowd is going to eat us alive, because of a few nut cases that will get all of the publicity.

Chuck

3. tightneck

tightneck Gold $$ Contributor

I always thought that those high fence operations were a little unethical, but that was when I figured that they were at least a few hundred or even thousands of acres. I had no idea that there were hunters out there who are such scum that they would pay to shoot an animal that is penned up as shown in this video. These people belong in prison.

4. wolf

wolf

i agree that is disgracefull those men are not hunters just lazy and greedy who could do that shoot an animal stuck in a tiny pen it makes me sick.

5. eddyverhoeven

eddyverhoeven

Being a hunter myself this is a disgrace to all and everything I stand for. I am truly ashamed that such people call themselves hunters

Eddy

6. jhilton

jhilton

that is horrible what those people were doing there. But there are people that do abide by the law and control the population inside the fence. I help hunt to kept the numbers down on a friends 1000 acres high fenced area,250-300 total) and they are some tough deer to hunt. the deer in there are just as wild if not wilder than the ones on the other side of the fence. There will always be bad apples no matter what you are doing.

7. cycbb486

cycbb486

That just makes me SICK to my stomach. SCUMBAGS......... I have to be honest, I have never endorsed outfitting or having to pay fees to hunt. The wildlife that we have the privelege to hunt on this great continent was not put here for SCUMBAGS to profit from.

Calvin