1. flopearedmule

flopearedmule

Anyone know where I can get this bipod?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Sniper338

Sniper338

Thats a horrible bipod. That elevation adjustment sucks. Dont waste your yime or effort.

338 dude likes this.
  3. Bill K

Bill K Silver $$ Contributor

First off, No I don't. Second, why? When bipods like Harris and similar one's are so much better.

338 dude likes this.
  4. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm

Werks LLC.

flopearedmule likes this.
  5. golong

golong

flopearedmule and Dgd6mm like this.
  6. flopearedmule

flopearedmule

Bill K
    I'm reading a lot about Harris not being a good one. I am having some trouble with vertical in my shots and I'm looking for some alternatives to experiment with. I've been using a Harris already. I would love to hear more on why?? What makes a good or bad bipod.

7. flopearedmule

flopearedmule

Thanks Sniper338
    Can you give me a few options on some better ones?

8. Coyotefurharvester

Coyotefurharvester

I had poi shift between bags, bipod, lead sled with my last factory stock. It was a TC venture in 338wm. I used 2 part epoxy to partially fill the honey comb in the foreend of the stock and bedded the action with marine tex. The rifle now shoots the same poi no matter the support. The plastic stock had to much flex in the front. I shoot Harris on all my hunting rifles.

9. flopearedmule

flopearedmule

10. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm

The one with the quick elevation knob is better. The problem with the non elevation knob is similar to the issue with the MWerks bipod, fiddling with height adjustment. I shoot the MWerks bipod, good scores in f class, tracks verywell, never loses adjustment once set, very sturdy. Just the 2- 3 times it takes to get your elevation set when your in your prep time.

Don Dunlap

11. golong

golong

First, there is nothing wrong with a Harris for run and gun. As far as I can tell, that is what it was designed for - fast deploy, and better than shooting off a ruck or a rock. The design does have problems when you are doing precision shooting. First and foremost is the canting. The factory locking mech does not hold which is why podlocks are on so many Harris'. Next in line I would say is the spring in the lower leg. It takes a consistent load on the pod (between human and rifle) to get both springs down equally, and it is darn near impossible to keep them compressed during recoil. Third is the leg material - it is not the highest quality so the flex is unpredictable. Next is the mounting. The mech to mount to the swivel can be turned with pliers to get it tight, but the number of parts used in that process to get 2 pins into a swivel is a failure point. Even if you drop the money on a QD conversion adapter, the weld/material at the top is a failure point. Lastly is they are off-center.

For all of that, I own 2 Harris'. One has an ADM QD adapter and a podlock, and gets used throughout the year. The other stays in the truck for when the main one fails. The bipods that I use the most are Atlas BT and Accu-Tac FCG2. They have their pros and cons, but always get used unless the quick deploy is a must for the day.

12. Woodchk

Woodchk Gold $$ Contributor

I have used Harris Bipods for 40 years . Have hit steel at 1040 , and woodchucks up to 1007 . And that’s what I mainly use them for is chucks . And I have had very good luck with them .

13. eric32

eric32 Shooting when I can Gold $$ Contributor

Harris bipod are the lowest common denominator. If you have one measure the it and let us know how far the legs are out of square. That's why some shooters are frustrated when it comes to recoil management. They get pulled off target no matter how square they are behind the rifle.

We spend thousands of dollars and hours of time to get good at shooting to purchase a product that's hasn't changed since day one of production.

It's my philosophy, that equipment should carry the shooter, not vice versa.

What are you trying to accomplish with your bipod purchase?

golong likes this.
  14. Sniper338

Sniper338

Let us know what your wanting to do... bipod with ease of adjustment are better. With the onea your looking at here you can get it set up for the firat shot, then after recoil its gonna need adjusting again to get just right. Those like that arent repeatable shot after shot.

Best out there is the joypod, which I use. I used a rempel bipod for a long time which was good too, just on the heavier side. Dublin is another good one. These all have worm gear adjustments to fine tune.

Continue to do your research before you buy as none of them are cheap. From experience its harder, yet its less stressful to buy a good one first time around. Being able to really adjust and fine tune is your friend...

15. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm

We can spend your money easily.

Delfuego and flopearedmule like this.
  16. flopearedmule

flopearedmule

Sniper. Thanks
    joypod, rempel, and Dublin
    I'll check them out.
    I was thinking the Sinclair would be a good place to start. Price is around $180
    Looks like I can't buy too much of this good stuff at one time :) Just bought the Labradar to start playing with my loads.
    I guess most of the shooting we’ve been doing is with family and a few friend out to 1,000 yds. Looking for what I can do to tighten my groups. I want to research some competitions and see what is all out there, but I want learn to shoot better first.

17. 338 dude

338 dude Gold $$ Contributor

Atlas

Frank Blum likes this.
  18. golong

golong

If by competition you are talking PRS, you are probably going to use a tripod more than a bipod. A quality tripod makes the cost of a good bipod look cheap.

338 dude likes this.
  19. Delfuego

Delfuego Silver $$ Contributor

This is not accurate.

If you're shooting field matches or PRL/NRL matches, buy a harris, or an Atlas. If you have money to burn, buy a Thunderbeast or a Ckye-Pod.

If you want to shoot off a bench or F-Class style, guys here can point you in the right direction, to help you against making rookie mistakes.

Dgd6mm likes this.
  20. Medic505

Medic505 Gold $$ Contributor

Dublin? This must be a new brand, where do you purchase one? Is it made in Ireland? I've shot against folks using a Duplin, but a Dublin, not yet.