Berger Bullets Announces New ELR Match Solid Projectiles

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by DocUSMCRetired, Jan 11, 2019.

1. DocUSMCRetired

DocUSMCRetired

Mesa, AZ – New for 2019, Berger Bullets proudly announces the New Extreme Long Range (ELR) Match Solid Projectile line, beginning with 375 caliber 379 Grain and 407 Grain offerings.

Extreme Long-Range shooting to distances of two miles and beyond has taken the firearms community by storm. With much of its roots developed from elite military sniper and Special Forces rifle training, ELR enthusiasts are utilizing highly innovative rifle and ammunition technology to engage targets at distances previously unheard of. Berger has taken the lead pioneering ELR, similar to how it’s dominated all other long-range rifle disciplines.

Berger Bullets chief ballistician, Bryan Litz states “Our new ELR Solid Match Bullets provide both competition shooters and Mil/LE forces a long-range solid projectile like no other. Its highly optimized VLD ogive design and lathe-turned solid copper construction provide a ballistic advantage that is unmatched by any conventional style bullet.”

Berger ELR Match Solid Projectiles, Berger Bullets and Ammunition are distributed by Capstone Precision Group. Capstone also distributes Lapua, Vihtavuori and SK product for the USA.

2. Daveinjax

Daveinjax Silver $$ Contributor

And there’s still no 6.5 156gr bullets available after about two years of promises ! Maybe they could catch up production and fulfill old promises before introducing more products. Since Lapua bought them they’ve consistently disappointed me. We’re moving and that’s the reason there’s a lack of bullets. Not that they started an ammo line...soon I’ll have switched everything I shoot to other bullet makers.

1885Winman4590, Geno C, 1shot and 4 others like this.
  3. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

Spoke to someone last week at Berger and they said "Real Soon". The 155s we're changed to 156s so the process drug out longer than expected. Just the messenger. I'm looking forward to getting some asap.

4. Daveinjax

Daveinjax Silver $$ Contributor

It was real soon 8 months ago 284winner. Real soon I’ll have burned all the load development barrel I care to burn developing with Hornady 6.5 147gr bullets.

No offense meant to you 284winner. I’m just fed up with Berger’s excuses.

bigstick6017555, 1shot and slugger3 like this.
  5. rickiesrevenge

rickiesrevenge Silver $$ Contributor

If they actually make them it could be good for the guys who shoot the big boomers. But I'm guessing it'll just be another empty spot on the dealers shelves.

6. Sniper338

Sniper338

I dont give a damn and 375 solid bullets. Id rather get the smaller calibers when I need em.

bigstick6017555 and 284winner like this.
  7. 1shot

1shot Site $$ Sponsor

If the 156 gr. pills are more consistent that some of the other bullets I used to shoot, it will be worth the wait. I got tired of sorting bullets all the time, so I moved on.

Lloyd

bigstick6017555 likes this.
  8. boltfluter

boltfluter Gold $$ Contributor

These new bullets should really appeal to all 10 people who participate in the latest game. Why bring out new products when the regular products are in such short supply. Berger needs to get back in touch with the regular shooters who put them on the map to begin with. ;):p

Paul

9. STOMP442

STOMP442 Gold $$ Contributor

I'm all for innovation and new products but they shouldn't come at the expense of your already solid and loyal customer base.

10. can1010

can1010 Silver $$ Contributor

glad I am not the only one that is not happy with bergers treatment of the shooters that made them who they are. most of us have moved on to different manufactures that don't only offer excuses.

11. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER

I understand the frustration. - What does Berger's folks have to say about the aired concerns ?

12. moondog

moondog Gold $$ Contributor

Still waiting for 108s to show up.
    I'll personally shoot 1000 to 1500 per
    season in the rig that likes em.
    How many 375 solids is someone gunna shoot in a season? Just sayin. Several of my shooting buddies are moving away from Berger because of
    1) price
    2) availability
    3) consistancy
    That's a conservative est. of 10k bullets a season in lost sales from 3 guys I know.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    bigstick6017555 and boltfluter like this.
  13. Rushty

Rushty Gold $$ Contributor

Need some 7mm 180/184Hybrids!!!

TZaun and dmoran like this.
  14. sdean

sdean Gold $$ Contributor

I don't care what Berger does. Have not bought any in 2 years and probably none in the next two.

15. Pigdog

Pigdog

Yup this guy is on the money, here in Australia the situation is 100times worse. One order every 18 months comes through and if your not on the net at that exact moment they come in they literally sold out of 25000 130g in 20mins....... guess il be waiting another 18months!!!!!! Forget about the 156g here in Australia we would be happy with a supply of there normal range. All we hear is excuses. Luckily lapua makes scenars and in good supply.

16. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

None taken. Have watched the 155 Berger in action shot thru some 26 Noslers by hunters/guides and did well. Not sure what prompted that change to 156. The 155s were right there ready to go. Plenty of bullets out there so not really tooooo concerned about Berger's but sure am curious.

17. DocUSMCRetired

DocUSMCRetired

I don't speak for Berger, however I can tell you that the Solids are produced using a completely different production method and have no impact on the traditional bullet production times or numbers. Berger did expand operations, bringing in new equipment and taking the time to properly train the new staff in order to cope with orders without sacrificing quality. However, even with the expanded operations the demand is just that high. They are selling more bullets than ever, but are not willing to sacrifice quality to bump up quantity.

The production of the solids has zero impact on the production of the traditional bullets.

damoncali, boyscout, Rushty and 2 others like this.
  18. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER

^^^^^^^^ +1

19. Bill K

Bill K Silver $$ Contributor

Even though I shoot a 375 I have no need for those heavy one's. But like you I would love to see some 17, 20 and 224 so we could have another option for the lead free areas.

20. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd Silver $$ Contributor

.224" 80-90 (ish) gr solids!!!

284winner likes this.