Benchrest bullet making

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by JDBraddy, Jan 2, 2020.

1. RGRobinett

RGRobinett Silver $$ Contributor

George, just tryin' to pull your chain - wouldn't all those alignment pegs, threaded pins, and holes have to be worth something!??! That's why you're so far behind!:eek::p
    I'll repeat - well, send you all back to post #29 - I've always believed that the making of BR quality bullets was/is simple . . . perhaps my gift is a tolerance for boredom.o_O With good tooling and jackets, making and winning using ones own stuff is very rewarding - having great competitors use your stuff to collect fake wood makes even a vicarious existence seem dignified. :D If you get into bullet making, keep notes & never compromise. RG

AlNyhus, SGK, rjs1230 and 4 others like this.
  2. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

Satisfaction making your own bullets? My satisfaction is winning. Rather buy quality bullets and spend time behind my rifle reading the wind. Everybody has different ideas about floating a boat.

3. holstil

holstil Silver $$ Contributor

Winning is fun. There may be a point when my ambition to win out weight my desire to learn about bullets. That point will likely come when I know I can’t make a bullet I can win with. In the mean time, it’s fun trying to sort through things. Winning with my bullets is definitely a goal. I’m betting most want to do the same.

Does it matter to you if you or someone wins with something you made?

Its nice to have other great bullets to fall back on.