Auto throw and trickler for Sartorius

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by JamesnTN, Feb 26, 2020.

1. JamesnTN

JamesnTN Silver $$ Contributor

Does anyone use one? I know there are many using it for the A&D but I don’t see any feedback of one being used for the Entris.

2. BenPerfected

BenPerfected Gold $$ Contributor

The Sartorius Entris & Adams Trickler is what my combination has been for years. Nice toys, but I have no experience that says this combination would show on paper vs. other scales that were some what less precise.
    Ben

JamesnTN and bozo699 like this.
  3. bozo699

bozo699 Gold $$ Contributor

I use the Omega trickler with my Sartorius works great.
    Wayne

dogdude and Culater like this.
  4. F Class John

F Class John NRA Life Member Gold $$ Contributor

My buddy uses a pair of them (Sartorius/AutoTrickler) every week. Loves them. You can’t go wrong with it or the A&D.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    JamesnTN and David Christian like this.
  5. rardoin

rardoin Silver $$ Contributor

Sartorious works fine. However, if I were to get another set-up it would be the A&D/Autotrickler/thrower as I see no advantage with the Sartorious and it cost a bit more than an A&D. I only bought the Sartorious because I used their analytical balances in a prior life and know, from that experience, that they are at the top of the crop. For purposes of weighing powder to the nearest kernel an A&D would be more than adequate.

BenPerfected likes this.
  6. dgeesaman

dgeesaman Gold $$ Contributor

I have v3 autothrower/ Autotrickler with a Sartorius Entris.

The scale is accurate that’s for sure. It seems to register to within .002 grains. The autotrickler does bounce out a kernel of powder once in a while which I assume comes from the Entris’ tall enclosure. The Autotrickler consistently stops between .03 low to dead on. I can trickle in a final kernel or two if I want to do it.

I don’t love that I have to eliminate an entire side panel of the Sartorius enclosure in order for the trickler. I don’t have a solution to that either. If I’m moving back and for th from my weighing area to seat bullets I need to take care.

There is a moment when it goes from full speed trickle to a slower trickle where the scales delay to register the added weight can mess with the trickler logic for a moment. It’s probably just my adjustments though.

Cleanout is easy. Shut off the thrower, manually cycle it a few times, empty the cup. Pull the thrower container and empty it. Then I lift up the trickler and dump powder from its reservoir, the tube, and reservoir again. No stray kernels to be found.

Overall it’s an impressive setup. I would be willing to trade for a bit more speed / less lag in my scale and lose the extra digit of measuring accuracy.

BenPerfected likes this.
  7. JamesnTN

JamesnTN Silver $$ Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and ordered one today for my Entris.

dmoran and DBLNUT like this.
  8. bozo699

rardoin,
    I have a GD503 do you think the Autotrickler/thrower would work on it okay?
    Wayne

9. rardoin

rardoin Silver $$ Contributor

I think that it will but I suggest emailing Adam McDonald with that question.

adamjmac at g mail dot com

bozo699 likes this.
  10. bozo699

Thank you sir,
    Wayne

11. David Christian

David Christian

12. Alfred

Alfred

I have one on a Sat Secura (5 digit lab dalance) works great. I did make a wall bracket for mine so it did not disturb the balance from the throw and when I have to refill it.

Al

13. INTJ

INTJ Gold $$ Contributor

I also have a Sartorius with Adam's V3 system. My scale is the Entris 128 and it registers to .001 grains. That level of accuracy is not really needed, but it was the only scale I could find a couple years ago when I needed one.

I love my setup. It repeats well. The only "issue" I have is the scale is so sensitive that temperature changes can make it drift on the order of .005 to .010, which really is not significant. That said I just retare when it gets close to .010 drift. Ben says a static mat might help....

14. bozo699

15. bozo699

Alfred,
    I believe my scale is a Gd503 I’m not where I can look at it but pretty sure and it’s square with two side that open and top that slides open do you think this system could be adapted to mine? Currently I use a 1500 chargemaster set low then transfer to the Gd503 and trickle with a Omega trickler and it works well but really be nice to get the chargemaster out of the equation.
    Wayne