Anyone ever try one of them 6.5 Creedmoor's ?

Discussion in '6mm, 6.5mm, and .25 Cal (Not 6BR)' started by FJIM, Jun 24, 2019.

1. FJIM

FJIM

Screenshot_14.png

simo hayha likes this.
  2. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Bubble, bubble, stir, stir!

STIR THE POT.jpg

mikeinct, Mark W, McGraw and 7 others like this.
  3. Bill K

Bill K Silver $$ Contributor

Let's see the 6.5 Creedmoor has been around for something like 20 years or more, I am sure many have.. Hee, hee.

4. BP1

BP1 Team Texas F-TR Silver $$ Contributor

Only the best of the best...:eek::eek:

DirtySteve likes this.
  5. FJIM

FJIM

I thought you guy's needed something to laugh about. No I have owned two of them and think it's a fine cartridge. My buddy just picked one up and it's a lazar.

6. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

"shifty" Lazar. Laser

7. Evan

Evan Gold $$ Contributor

Yep! It's the best thing around for normal folks since Remington took a giant dump on yet another of their great cartridges: the 260 Remington.

Dgd6mm likes this.
  8. MikeMcCasland

MikeMcCasland Silver $$ Contributor

I have. Mine will bug-hole them at 1,000 all day long, but only if I do my part. ;)

RDavies, nmkid, SWRichmond and 3 others like this.
  9. ChrisA

ChrisA Silver $$ Contributor

No

mikeinct likes this.
  10. rr2030

rr2030

One insignificant but entertaining accomplishment of the Creedmoor is its ability to be the envious subject of forum threads.

11. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm Silver $$ Contributor

You think the 6.5 is that good, try the 6.

dogdude likes this.
  12. simo hayha

simo hayha

6.5 what

13. Hondo64d

Hondo64d

Nice cartridge. Easy load development. Works good in a short action, even with long VLD type bullets. Very nice recoil/performance ratio. Plentiful good quality factory ammo. What’s not to like?

This is pretty common from my Beanland 6.5 Creedmoor. .291”. Five shots.

John

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  14. Barry wilbert

Barry wilbert Gold $$ Contributor

I’m coming out the closet, I have a few creedmoors and I’ve actually shot my best scores with them. I think there are many of us shooting the creedmoor but don’t want to admit it because of the ridicule you may receive from your 6.5x47 friends. You just need to stand up admit it and take your beating.
    For the guys that are thinks about converting Its easy to find a good load 42.5-43.0 grains of H4350 with a Berger hybrid 35-40 off and I’m getting just over 2900fps with 43gn with a 30” barrel in hornady or lapua brass but it’s a little spicy with lapua brass I’ve found. I am a sling shooter and don’t spend too much time load testing but I have had great results with it.
    So Let’s hear from the rest of you creedmoor closet shooters!!

15. Hondo64d

Hondo64d

I was shooting the x47 prior to my Creedmoor build and liked the cartridge just fine. The reason I switched to the Creed was due to an upcoming Alaska Caribou hunt. While I am going to be bringing my handloads, if, heaven forbid, my ammo doesn’t show up I want to be able to walk into a store and buy ammo. Just not gonna happen with the x47. Also want to be able to use the same dope for my hunting rig and my match gun. All this led me to the Creedmoor. No regrets so far.

John

joshb likes this.
  16. Damon555

Damon555

My brother took a Savage model 12FV 6.5 Creedmoor out to the prairie dog towns this year.....It was a stellar performer and tames the wind very well. If I wasn't heavily into the 6XC I'd consider a Creedmoor.....but my 6XC can do 99% of what the Creed can do inside 1000 yards so I'm sticking to it!

Rich S, mikeinct and joshb like this.
  17. 10XSHOOTER

10XSHOOTER Gold $$ Contributor

.260 AI 40* Can't beat it with 139-142'S

rebel likes this.
  18. sbhooper

sbhooper

I have a couple safes full of various guns. My go-to has become my .260s and my Creed. Kill deer and antelope with authority, easy to load for and accurate.

mikeinct and Bc'z like this.
  19. Cubby

Cubby

I just sold my Ruger RPR in 6.5cm and bought a bergara hmr b-14 in 6.5. Loved the RPR but just to heavy to use for anything other then a bench gun and I liked the 6.5 so much I want to hunt with it so that's why I did what I did.

20. B23

B23 Gold $$ Contributor

I used to joke around with my friends that have them and call it the "6.5 Walk On Water" because there for awhile, the 6.5 CM was almost legendary and from the readings of many, it was almost as if a 6.5 CM could walk on water.

BUT, that is no fault of the 6.5 CM itself. It's kind of like when an athlete is really good and for some reason everyone goes crazy and hypes them up as if they're a Greek God, you always have a certain percentage that automatically hate on them just because they are sick of hearing about how awesome they are.

Now we have the 6.5 PRC, which is the new walk on water cartridge so maybe that'll take some of the heat off of the 6.5 CM.

Cubby and Damon555 like this.