AMP Annealer program question

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by SDDasher, Jun 6, 2019.

1. SDDasher

SDDasher Wes Cummings Silver $$ Contributor

Just finished upgrading my unit to the Aztec. Everything went fine. Now have to do some sorting to find an outlier piece to sacrifice. Thanks for everyone’s suggestions/ assistance through this question. Once again this site is worth way more than the price of admission.

ballisticdaddy likes this.
  2. Matt Findlay

Matt Findlay

Analyzing an "Outlier" will give you a code based on the physical properties of that "outlier"
    For the best results you want to take 10 cases, weigh them, and then select the case with the middle weight value and analyse that one.

Willie likes this.
  3. SDDasher

SDDasher Wes Cummings Silver $$ Contributor

Thanks Matt will do! I’m off to the range in the morning to test some loads.
    Do you recommend using virgin brass or fired brass for the initial test?

4. 6MT

6MT

I've always used once fired brass that has been de-capped and wet tumbled for an Aztec analysis.

Matt Findlay and SDDasher like this.
  5. Matt Findlay

Matt Findlay

Use Fired brass. If you look at this article and scroll to just below point 5 of the "Conclusions" section near the bottom you will see the comment on selecting brass.

You also might find the rest of the article interesting when it comes to case weight variations and how it relates to annealing.

SDDasher likes this.