6 BR-DX!

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by gunsandgunsmithing, Mar 28, 2020.

1. jobhopper66

jobhopper66 Gold $$ Contributor

^^^Don's pictures always put everything into perspective!!

2. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

Awesome @tom ... Thanks! So far, No one has had anything bad to say about the DX. It just makes a lot of sense to me. It may or may not be as good as the others but the others are more popular. Sometimes that's for a good reason and sometimes I think it happens because that's what everyone else is doing. I might have to re visit this more seriously. I don't want to be accused of doing anything just because it's what the majority is doing. That just wouldn't feel right for some reason. Lol! ;)

Shooter13 and Stan Taylor like this.
  3. newbieshooter

newbieshooter :-) Silver $$ Contributor

I had a BRDX chambered up in late 2018. I use the BRDX's extra capacity to shoot heavier 110-115gr class bullets. I’ve shot the BRDX successfully in registered matches. I primarily use the 6BRAI, but will pull out the 6BRDX when it's windy.

upload_2020-3-31_12-51-47.png

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  4. Spook

Spook Captured too late to be fully domesticated.

I've rechambered 2 of my 6BRX's into 6GT and am pretty happy with the result.

5. JeffT

JeffT Silver $$ Contributor

mike
    I have a 6 BRA reamer if you want to try a barrel

6. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

Hi Jeff! I appreciate the offer and I might take you up on it. I'm leaning toward a dx a little bit..I guess I'm looking for a reason not to. :)

JeffT likes this.
  7. Shooter13

Shooter13 Gold $$ Contributor

Come on Mike! Suffer with the rest of us! There won't be many I would think. Hopefully I'll shoot much better this week (200-300 meters)

8. bozo699

bozo699 Gold $$ Contributor

nice setup Stan
    Wayne

9. gunsandgunsmithing

I hope you shoot well! Good luck!

10. INTJ

INTJ Gold $$ Contributor

I also shoot the 6BRA (and 300 WSM) for LR BR. However, the current NBRSA 1000 yd heavy gun record was shot last October with a straight 6BR. I think it was a light class legal rifle too. @newbieshooter can confirm.....

Stan Taylor likes this.
  11. bcarico

bcarico Silver $$ Contributor

All the Br case variants will shoot, for me it's so much easier to make consistent brass for the BRA.

12. birdog

birdog DASHER DOME Gold $$ Contributor

Mike,
    Junebug has a BRDX that is killer. If it don't shoot, it does not stay around long at Junebug's