.219 DONALDSON WASP

Discussion in 'Small Stuff--22s, 20s, and 17s' started by lyfestyl, Sep 19, 2005.

1. lyfestyl

lyfestyl

ANYBODY WITH EXPERIENCE HAND LOADING FOR THE .219 DONALDSON WASP, PLEASE SHARE ANY DO'S OR DON'TS YOU HAVE LEARNED. WHAT PARENT CASE TO USE? IS IT WORTH THE TROUBLE? CASE FORMING STEPS, ETC. ANY INPUT APPRECIATED!

THANKS,

SCOTT

2. kory

kory

Scott,

I can't help you with most of the questions, but here is some load data:

http://stevespages.com/224_1.html

Regards,
    Kory

3. Bobs243Ackley

Bobs243Ackley

Hi Scott,

The parent case for the Wasp was the .25-35. However, you can use the .30-30 to form it from. The good folks at Sierra Bullets have great load data available for it. Here at Sinclair, we keep the Redding forming, & loading dies, in stock. In addition to the loading dies, Redding is showing three forming dies that will be needed to form the brass for your needs. I hope that this will help you out with your project.

Cordially,
    Bob Blaine

4. KLENCHBLAIZE

KLENCHBLAIZE

Can't help either but it sure has a cool name! Shot well in its day so see no reason why it should not do the same for you with today's great selection of components and powders.

Go for it and good luck :thumb:

Klenchblaize

5. vmthtr

vmthtr

EA Brown offers preformed brass at $40@100 and there is a Yahoo group called the 219wasp group that has all kinds of info on it. I had one in a T/C from Bullberry, beware there are two versions, the original Red Elliott and the second, that is longer by the thickness of the Rim.

Mike