.20 cal Bullet Pointing Die?

Discussion in 'Small Stuff--22s, 20s, and 17s' started by SHall, Oct 8, 2019.

1. SHall

SHall Silver $$ Contributor

Does anyone make a Bullet Pointing (Tipping) die for .204 HP Match bullets? Thanks, Samuel Hall

2. Prose

Prose

Sam, I believe your options may be extremely limited due to the law of diminishing returns. I.e the caliber is already so small that a smaller meplat does not make the effort worthwhile. Same goes for boat tails on 17 and 20 calibers. There is a paper on the subject, perhaps by Litz, but I don’t recall specifically. Suppose if you are dealing with 50 or 55 grainers for long range benchrest it may still be worthwhile for you though. Good luck.

3. SHall

I have some custom VLD’s that have a rather large meplate I would like to close up some. The meplates are larger than the meplate on the Berger .204 cal. 55g BT bullets I have.

4. Terry

Terry Gold $$ Contributor

SHall likes this.
  5. SHall

It looks like Whidden starts with .224 dia bullets. I will call them and see if they can make a .204 pointer. I already have the Whidden sysyem anyway, all I need is the sleeve!

Prose likes this.
  6. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Silver $$ Contributor

John Hoover may be able to help out. (https://www.accuracyone.com/products/bullettipping/) He may (or may not) list it on his web-site, but John also does a few custom items upon request.

- Ron -

7. rickiesrevenge

rickiesrevenge Silver $$ Contributor

Whidden once told me they'd make the sleeve for a 20.

Aaron

SHall likes this.