Zeiss customer service!

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Rem6br, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Rem6br

Rem6br

i just gotta vent! I purchased a Zeiss conquest 6.5-20x50 scope brand new from optics planet 3 years ago. Mounted it up in leupold lapped rings and shot around 15 rounds under it from a 6br. fast forward a year ago I get it out of the safe to fire a few rounds and the scope will not focus from mid to high power. So I finally get around to sending the scope in to Zeiss for repair get the email they received it then 2 weeks later get the email the repair is done and the scope is on its way to me. Received the scope today and I can't believe what I find! They sent me a scope that wasn't mine
    and has horrible ring marks that dented the scope tube at both ring locations and the turrets have
    Chips and dings on the edges. The scope I sent them didn't have a mark on it anywhere. If they don't
    right their wrong it will be my last Zeiss product!

Eternal Student likes this.
  2. JaoeyP

JaoeyP Silver $$ Contributor

Not making an excuse for them but they just moved their customer service facility a week ago. I'm interested to hear how they respond on Monday. My best friend also just had to send in a Conquest MC for repair.

3. Rem6br

Rem6br

well they resolved the issue quite well!
    have a 5-25x50 HD5 RZvarmint retical on the way
    as a replacement

300_whisper and William Burns like this.
  4. Daveinjax

Daveinjax Silver $$ Contributor

Zeiss customer service made me a Swarovski customer and Swarovski customer service made me a customer for life. The Conquest line is garbage inside from what I can tell. I have one that's been back for erector failure twice and three friends have had the same erector issues in theirs. The two times I sent my Conquest back it was 9 weeks and ten weeks to get it back. 12 weeks for one friend and 8 weeks for another. The other friend didn't keep track but it had been so long he'd completely forgotten about it. Zeiss did fix them but they took their sweet time and no communication. Maybe they've gotten better at the customer service with all the practice with the Conquest scope line. Beautiful glass but bad erectors will really screw with your confidence !

5. Rem6br

Rem6br

I agree there are better scopes than the conquest line. I'm fond of the the kahles scopes which I own 2 and never had any problems with either of them. I couldn't believe the condition of the tube on the scope they sent to me I told them it looked like it had been ran over with a truck and I couldn't believe they would reuse it.

6. Travis Pomp

Travis Pomp Gold $$ Contributor

I have sent 2 back a victory and an hd5 that shook apart inside. They have fixed them both no questions ask, but it took for ever. I also have another hd5 that the AO is broken and you cant get the Paralex to focus and any distance that needs to go back. I think im done with them too.

7. Eternal Student

Eternal Student

OMG!!!!! LOL NOT laughing at you brother but I had a major problem with Zeiss years back. I even met the head of CS and got her card at SHOT. Her name is Karen Bookout. She is supposed to be a big shot at least she had a fancy title. Anyway.... I had a problem with a brand new scope not tracking. I filled out all the paperwork and sent it in and I finally got it back 29 weeks later. Oh, and it wasn't mine either!!! I missed a couple small hunts bc I was told it would be here "next week" and "in the mail" etc... After that I sold all my Zeiss scopes and rangefinder. Zeiss is a big name with great products but that CS is garbage and I will never buy another product from Zeiss or promote their product again. JMO and good luck. I think I still have that lady's card if you want me to look for it. Maybe it will help??