your solvent of CHOICE?

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by hillbillydruggist, Feb 12, 2019.

1. LCazador

LCazador Competitive shooter and reloader for 50 years+ Silver $$ Contributor

That's not the proper guide. The proper guide should be longer out of the action. I use a Lucas bore guide no problems with my Savage.

snakepit likes this.
  2. LCazador

LCazador Competitive shooter and reloader for 50 years+ Silver $$ Contributor

I had a friend with a 6PPC BR rifle that recently had accuracy problems with his rifle recently. I bore scoped the bore and found excessive powder and copper fouling much to his surprise. He was using Wipeout with accelerator. Not any more! You need a bore scope to verify any cleaning product!

Jet, snakepit, AckleymanII and 5 others like this.
  3. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

I use blue JB's about every 250-300 rounds.
    If I had a bore scope my "OCD"would kick into overdrive!

4. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Silver $$ Contributor

Was having an issue with my 30BR scratching my brass at the shoulder. Doubt that the issue is fixed but what I did learn is that the SHooter's Choice MC#7 I have been using at the range was not getting the job done. Went to my rifle smith yesterday and he bore scopped my gun and found all kinds of fouling in there. He used Montana Extreme. Bunch of tight fitting wet patches which were coming out black after I had cleaned with MC7. Then he used a dewey bronze brush wet the ME and then wet patches again, dry patched it. Bore scoped it and all the crud was gone. We saw some black and copper looking UFO's in there that looked like BB's or ball bearings. Gone now. We were both scratching our heads. Gun was shooting one holers before the cleaning session. I wont get to shoot it for a while due to ortho surgery but. I'm switching to ME cleaner.

AckleymanII likes this.
  5. JimPag

JimPag Silver $$ Contributor

Well Dusty I was a Butch's fan for a lot of years until I got cases of Wipe Out for nothing from a friend of mine in MD. I cleaned the bore with Butch's until the patches came out clean. Dried the bore out and then proceeded to use the Wipe Out. Needless to say I will never use Butch's BS again after what I saw on the patches, Just saying.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    holstil, Bc'z and Dusty Stevens like this.
  6. 280man

280man Silver $$ Contributor

BoreTech Eliminatior

snakepit likes this.
  7. bobinpa

bobinpa Gold $$ Contributor

Hoppes for bringing back memories of raiding my dad's stuff as a kid.... Butches BS nowadays.

8. Jdne5b

Jdne5b Gold $$ Contributor

The switch to the less offensive aroma of Bore Tech has greatly improved marital relations compared to Montana Extreme, Barnes, G96, etc. :D

Jet likes this.
  9. Bojo

Bojo

Jack Daniels keeps the liver in check and copper free and jalapeño's keep the carbon ring from collecting on the exit.

Nature Boy and Bc'z like this.
  10. Prose

Prose