1. XTR

XTR

Looking at it on the computer screen here at my desk I called it a 10. My general rule in the pits is that if I need to get my reading glasses to make a call the shooter gets the higher value, and I run the target back up.

In recent yrs some poor souls may have been robbed of that benefit of the doubt since I started wearing shooting glasses with reading cheaters in them.

sawcarver likes this.
  2. Albany Mountain

Albany Mountain Gold $$ Contributor

3. CADDIE5

CADDIE5

Scored a 10 but would not be upset if the shooter challenged the score. I would barely put in the spotter so as not to enlarge hole if it is challenged. This way pit officers can make a fair assessment of score.

BobLor likes this.
  4. D-4297

D-4297

I was taught 50+ years ago , that touching , or "breaking" the line , scores to next higher value . According to this photo , this shot marks a "10" , and I would score it the same way if pulling the target . Way to much GAP to even consider it a X . Moly bullet or not .

gambleone, SPJ and Dgd6mm like this.
  5. JeffT

JeffT

I guess I'm going to have to stop being so generous. I'd mark it an X. If you stick the spindle in that hole and make it round it will touch the line

6. sdean

sdean Gold $$ Contributor

What caliber is the spindle?

Bc'z likes this.
  7. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd Silver $$ Contributor

It depends on whether it's an F-TR or an F-Open shooter. ;)

8. ED3

ED3 Gold $$ Contributor

It's a lot easier to get an 'X' from the pits, than the firing line...but it's what's shot from the line that is supposed to count.

DirtySteve and D-4297 like this.
  9. Rushty

Rushty Gold $$ Contributor

Depending on the distance this was shot and strength of wind the bullet may have had enough pitch and yaw on it to have clipped the X ring and still left a small slither of black between it and the ring...If you look very closely at the white line there is a very faint friction mark on it, I still believe it’s an X..

10. SPJ

SPJ Silver $$ Contributor

I don’t recall the OP saying which discipline the target was from.

11. D-4297

D-4297

From the FWIW crowd , you are supposed to "call" the mark , before putting the marker up . I really can't believe some of the posts I'm reading on this subject , reflecting back to some of the posts that were made regarding Target pullers at this years SWN . Seriously ?
    If you are standing a foot away , looking dead at it , then you should have no issue calling what you see . If you have a question in your own mind about the call , then ask for the Pit Boss , or the puller next to you for a second opinion , if you know them to be a competent knowledgeable shooter .

kohai133 likes this.
  12. Gonzos

Gonzos Gold $$ Contributor

Because Joe Wade and Matt Peetz are buddies of mine I would give them X's and the rest of you get 10's!

13. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

X...look at the white line...the bullet has entered the white line line...you can see the darker line of the bullet radius in the white . The dead horse has been beatin up bad on this one . Over and Out

Mulligan and Rushty like this.
  14. Cochran

Cochran

15. Medic505

Medic505 Dean Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

If it was scored a 10, I'd have made a mental note to improve my next wind call, loaded my next round and fired. Had it been scored an X, I'd have made a mental note to improve my next wind call, loaded my next round and fired. If my target was down for and extended time because my puller was afraid I'd second guess them from a 1000 yards away, I'd be pissed.

Bc'z, Warren Dean, vahena and 10 others like this.
  16. Acyr

Acyr Gold $$ Contributor

Well sh*t, electronic targets aren't accurate enough. Human pullers aren't accurate enough. What the heck are we shooters supposed to do? Debate these monumental questions till the end of time? Let's blame the target! No it must be the pullers fault! For f*cks sake how about we stop taking this so serious and have some fun. Nothing irks me more than people who keep challenging a mark. I haven't ever seen anyone win because of it. Sure see people whining like little bitches about it though.

Snuggie, Nature Boy, Bc'z and 13 others like this.
  17. Warren Dean

Warren Dean Team Savage

^^^^^^^^^^^
    What he said....

Dgd6mm and SPJ like this.
  18. Medic505

Medic505 Dean Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

So true Andy, so true!

sdean and Dgd6mm like this.
  19. jamesdmock

jamesdmock Gold $$ Contributor

20. mike mccormick