WTB "Old Style" Elevation turret for Weaver T36

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.' started by Lesloan, Mar 23, 2017.

Trader History (0)
  1. Lesloan

Lesloan

The elevation turrets for Weaver T24's and T36's (they're identical) used to be graduated 0-9 MOA, but a couple of years ago they changed to numbering them from 0 to 4.5 and then back to 0. If you never turn the turret past 4.5 that's not a problem, but if you turn it more than 1/2 turn (e.g., adjusting from 100 to 600 yds.), it's hard to keep track of the settings. I have 2 of the newer scopes, in silver, and would like to change the turrets to the old style. I'd be willing to either swap or buy outright. I prefer the "oversized" turrets but for reasons I'll take either style. Anybody interested?

2. Ggmac

Ggmac Gold $$ Contributor

Are you sure someone didn't change the wind age turret to the elevation position ? Just a possible as I've rotated scopes 90 deg and switched turrets . Just suits my old body and arms . I'll look as I posted this without moving from my recliner .
    Gary

3. Lesloan

Lesloan

Yes, I'm sure. Not that it'd matter much, since both turrets are numbered the same way.

4. Ggmac

Ggmac Gold $$ Contributor

Ok my older 36 X has a windage 4.5-0-4.5 and elevation to 9 .
    I just checked but I realize this was on a rifle I purchased so they were probably changed .

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  5. Lesloan

Lesloan

Wanna swap? I'll give you some reasonable boot.

6. mrbill2

mrbill2 Silver $$ Contributor

I had the same problem. Fix it by making my own numbers on the printer. With some glue and tape here's what I ended up with.

Attached Files:

thekriebles and Wjesswheel like this.
  7. Lesloan

Lesloan

I'vr thought about doing that but didn't consider using a printer. It looks really good. If I can't find a replacement
    l'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip!

8. mjgillen

mjgillen Silver $$ Contributor

I emailed Weaver about a year ago when I heard about those turrets. They said they stopped making them a while ago and sold out of old stock. I'd like to find one myself as I attend a local competition that shoots 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 yards and the elevation dial goes around a couple of times :) I have a T36.

Michael

letronshootit likes this.
  9. letronshootit

letronshootit

I have 5 T36's and was able to buy 3 sets of the 0 to 9 elevation turrets over the years from Weaver. They said they sold out of that style turret as well. I did tell them that there was a market for them but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, too bad it works great for 1k shooting...

10. boltfluter

boltfluter Gold $$ Contributor

Nice job MrBill. Looks to line up perfectly. :D:cool:

Paul

www.boltfluting.com

11. mrbill2

Thanks Guys If you have a drawing program on your computer give it a try. I had AutoSketch 6 when I made those up.
    Bill

12. Lesloan

Lesloan

13. Lesloan

Lesloan

Bill--I just finished installing one of the strips you sent me using the glue stick/cello tape method you recommended. Worked great, looks great. Thanks!!

14. mrbill2

Way to go. Glad to help.
    Bill
    aka mrbill2

15. muleystalker

muleystalker Gold $$ Contributor

You might want to check these guys CTS Custom Turret Systems, you can design your turret tape any way you want on their site, they print them heavy duty laminate adhesive backed turret labels, You get 4 for 24.00. Check it out. Hope this helps.
    http://customturretsystems.com