WTB: 6.5x55 match reamer

Discussion in 'Big Stuff -- 6.5mm, 7mm, 30 Cal' started by Toscano, Apr 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Toscano

Toscano

Looking to buy a 6.5x55 match reamer. Standard 6.5x55's are cut for 160gr., round nosed bullets and that means a very long throat. I'm looking for a reamer cut for a 140gr. bulllet...preferably Sierra's 140gr MK. but not mandatory.

2. Kurz

Kurz

Toscano,

Any of the three or four reamer makers can grind you a 'Match' reamer suited to the bullet you choose. I think your best bet is to determine which bullets you want to shoot and make dummy rounds for your magazine box. Then contact the reamer makers to send your dummy cartridges to so they can make a print for grinding your reamer. Keep your print on hand for future reference. It can 6-12 weeks or longer depending on their schedules and how they 'batch' specific calibers (not cartridges).

3. FrankG

FrankG

What's your definition of a match reamer? Are you just changing the freebore length?

A no turn neck?

Kurz made a good point. Make a couple of dummy rounds of what you want. Send it to a reamer maker to get it made then.

As he said also...up to 12 weeks.

4. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

5. FrankG

FrankG

Maybe this will help ya. Look at the attached print.

For a reference....a 140SMK will touch the lands at approx. 3.060" o.a.l.

This is a older design that we've run for guys here as well as customers. Should at least give you a starting point.

Later, Frank
    Bartlein Barrels

Attached Files:

6. Toscano

Toscano

7. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

OK, I understand now . I jumped the gun ,was hoping I found something for you.

8. Toscano

Toscano

Thank you for the comeback...All the info I've gotten lends me to go back and do some more research. Something isn't jiving.

9. Toscano

Toscano

I still appreciate your effort...I get as much satisfaction from the working it to shooting the results.