Wouldn't Believe it Unless I Saw It!

Discussion in '6mm, 6.5mm, and .25 Cal (Not 6BR)' started by K22, Oct 4, 2019.

1. STOMP442

STOMP442 Gold $$ Contributor

I've been impressed by a few savages myself. Most of them the older flat back 110s with cheap plastic stocks and 5lb trigger pulls. Most of the time the only thing I have done to them is float the barrel and tang, bed the lug and work up a load. Here is a couple five shot groups that really stood out.

Attached Files:

McGraw and Zero333 like this.
  2. Vodoun daVinci

Vodoun daVinci

I have a Savage 10 FCP-SR in 6.5 CM that is my very first precision rifle. In an Accustock and with the Accutrigger totally stock out of the box with a $250 Vortex Crossfire II scope it consistently shot sub MOA groups with factory 147 gr. Hornady ammunition after zeroing. I have since used the action as a base for my FrankenGun and she now lives in an MDT chassis with XLR buttstock and all manner of goodies but the gun was a tack driver right out of the box for a gun that cost like $450.

Not going to be my last Savage.

VooDoo

Zero333 likes this.
  3. Sixgun

Sixgun The Millbastard Gold $$ Contributor

The SWFA scopes are actually made by Tasco.

4. Dud

Dud

Not quite, Tasco doesn't make anything as far as I know.

The first version of that scope was the Tasco Super Sniper scope but when Tasco was going to discontinue it, SWFA bought the rights to the design and the Super Sniper name I think.

I believe it is manufactured in Japan by one of the contract optics houses, possibly LOW but I'm not sure.

It's a quality, durable scope and a pretty good value.

tmwinds and Bc'z like this.
  5. Meangreen

Meangreen

Tasco has never made scopes. The had them made by any number of manufacturers in Japan, Korea and China.

Tasco hasn't had anything to do with what is now the SWFA SS scope since 1996. That is when SWFA bought the rights and Tasco was bought out by Bushnell.

http://swfa-ss.com/history

I will add that I have the 3-15x, and the 10x. They aren't fancy, but they absolutely track and return to zero every single time. The 5-20x HD is on my radar for an ELR scope.

SPJ and Bc'z like this.
  6. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Haha Haha now that's funny!
    Set a Tasco and SWFA side by side and tell me they're the same

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019 at 3:15 PM
  7. n zeder

n zeder

bought my 10 yr old a tika t3x in .243,loaded 65gr vmax for rabbits,plain jane compact/youth rifle that fits him perfectly,blown away by the accuracy,hes knocking rabbits well past 300 mtrs...best is 388mtr. those factory rifles have come along way i reckon,to the point were i dont think custom at 3-4 x the $ is justified....for what we do at least..

Zero333 likes this.
  8. Dud

Dud

They do so well with entry level rifles, imagine what they could do it they used all of their tricks to make the type of rifles we want.

9. Delfuego

Delfuego Silver $$ Contributor

Not in 20 years...