SELLING winchester magnum rifle powder

Discussion in 'Tools, Dies, Rests, Reloading Components & Misc' started by Fred sershen, Apr 6, 2020.

Tags:
Trader History (0)
  1. Fred sershen

Fred sershen Silver $$ Contributor

Winchester magnum rifle powder is a slow burning magnum ball powder that works well in magnum, overbore cartridges and short magnum cartridges. powder burn rate is similar to hodgdon h4831 and h1000. this is warehouse stored and temperature controlled also and has been used effectively up to 2018. these 8 pound containers are available and sell for $180.55 per 8 pound container plus $25.99 shipping charge for 3 day priority. cash, certified check,usps certified check or personal check only please email me for more details. i do have many other powders for sale varget,rel33,rel25,imr 7828ssc and h869, sfe 223 and many more for sale. BUY 2- 8 pound WMR containers and you will get FREE 3 DAY PRIORITY SHIPPING! hornaday 6th edition used WMR with most cartridges and i will copy the cartridges pages if needed for your load development. the powder meters very easy and fills the case nicely. i used WMR in many 1000 yard bench rest cartridges very successfully for many years.it is still a formidable magnum powder with many great qualities.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  2. Gary in MD

Gary in MD Gold $$ Contributor

I bought a jug of the WMR many years ago. I haven’t used it much, but seemed to work fine the few times I did try it.
    Curious if anyone else has used it?
    I don’t think most people knew it existed.
    I think the only data I have seen is in some of Hornady’s manuals.
    It is a slow powder usually listed for pushing heavy for caliber bullets
    Gary

3. Fred sershen

4. Fred sershen

Your correct many people never herd of WMR powder. Hornaday 6th adition uses it alot . Back when it came out it wasn’t advertised to the reloading community. It was superceded by new more advanced powders but remains very useful in magnum cartridges. wMR along with most ball powders is not to be loaded below 70% case capacity the result may be harmful. Sorry about spell check!

5. tclaunch

tclaunch Silver $$ Contributor

Try it in a 243, and thank me later!