wilson barrels

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by hodgman, Apr 24, 2018.

1. hodgman

hodgman

Anyone ever use these? any pros or cons to them .any info appreciated.

2. Mudcat

Mudcat Silver $$ Contributor

Use them on a T2k all the time for XTC shooting. I cannot tell the difference between the Wilsons and any other brand that I have used for that purpose. and sure cant beat the price

3. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man

I have one in 223, 24" bull barrel. It shoots 1 moa all day long.

4. th82457

th82457

If I am not mistaken that is what Cooper uses on their rifles.

5. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

I have one on a AR 15 and I was shooting less then 1/2" during the so called, "break in". And that was with the stock 6.5 lb. trigger. Have a new trigger coming and kind of wondering just how good it can actually shoot. Also, clean up was a breeze hardly any coppering. I ordered another Wilson yesterday for my grandson's AR.

6. msinc

msinc

The man that makes them is a real first class professional jerk ass on the phone, but the barrels shoot good. I have several and as stated previously, they are very hard to beat for the money. They do a good job finishing the inside too, no tool marks can be seen with my bore scope in every one I own and have looked at.

boltfluter likes this.
  7. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

I've started working with one on a 6.5mm Remington Magnum build. 1 in 8" twist. Was shooting 3/4 to 1 MOA during the first couple visits to the range for load testing, but had to throw all the data out the window after identifying a faulty scope on the rifle during testing. Scope has been replaced and will be continuing load testing again soon. Will let you know how it shoots.

I have another Wilson on one of my 6mm Remingtons. 1 in 8" twist. Have not fired a single round through it yet tho.

8. Steve Ladino

Steve Ladino

I have been working with someone in Idaho, he shoots a 6.5 Creed. Wilson and is having trouble shooting anything else as it shoots so good.

9. johnfred1965

johnfred1965 Silver $$ Contributor

IIRC, Cooper Rifles use Wilson barrels, and they shoot fantastic

dgray likes this.
  10. Jeff A

Jeff A Formerly known as BikeEffects Silver $$ Contributor

Two Cooper rifles and my Varmint AR all with Wilson barrels, all shoot great.