Why so much dumping of Sightron 10-50 scopes?

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Ledd Slinger, Jun 6, 2018.

1. rr2030

rr2030

Please explain

2. johara1

johara1

I think that is PVC. pipe turn it to size and take off the turret and slip it on and replace the turret and it will bottom out on it. No big deal.... jim

rr2030 likes this.
  3. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

I have the Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30x56 model and it's an amazing optic as well. Awesome resolution, great color rendition, and low light performance that will blow your mind away :)

4. Cade

Cade Silver $$ Contributor

The only reason I'm going to sell my 10-50x60 is to get another one but in MIL instead of MOA

Evlshnngns likes this.
  5. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

A steel washer works best, it won't compress. Large bore washers are specialty items and must be ordered but work well for zero stops on scopes that will accept them.

6. johara1

johara1

I would say PVC won't scratch and I never set the zero stop to be dead on at 100 , because the next barrel it may not work or a load change. .... jim

gambleone and SPJ like this.
  7. M995

M995 T SNOOK Silver $$ Contributor

I don't like the steel washer idea due to corrosion. I normally use Pex tubing.

McGraw likes this.
  8. SPJ

SPJ Silver $$ Contributor

Who is saying that the military special forces exclusively uses NF scopes?

9. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

My zero stops typically go back 1-2 moa depending on the scope. It definitely gets me back to a zero range tho. Never used PVC but will try it on a S-TAC scope I have. If it will work with that model

10. Ledd Slinger

Just let that dog lie. Ron is very sensitive if you say anything bad about his NF scopes.

I know they use S&B, Trijicon, and others depending on the firearm ;)

simo hayha and SPJ like this.
  11. SPJ

LOL
    S&B B&L MK 4 oh yeah Trijicon almost forgot that one

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  12. dkhunt14

dkhunt14

They also use Nightforce and Schmidt and Bender. Depends on what the contracts are. The also get scopes and rangefinders not available to the public. I just wonder what happens to the used ones. They use alot of Nightforce, just so happens my buddy got transferred from the sporting side to Military side of business. Matt

13. Ledd Slinger

Yeah it would be cool if the public could get their hands on some of that stuff :)

14. johara1

johara1

Measure the distance from the bottom of the turret to where it will sit and turn it on the lathe. I like black Delrin and bore it to fit and turn the outside to what you prefer. set your measurement and part it off.... jim

15. SPJ

I' was curious on that so I googled just to investigate all the special forces rifles and not one (that I found) came up using NF.
    I realize contractors are private and that's not included in my interests.
    I do have family in the military however none were in special forces.
    Best Regards
    Jim

16. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer

Same scope as Delta Optics I think

Ray

17. Ledd Slinger

That's what I thought until I bought one of the Trijicon Accupower scopes (4.5-30x56). Comparing to to my Delta Stryker HD, I found that all the specs are the same (weight, length, size, amount of adjustment, power range, where they are made, etc) but nearly all of the mechanical features are quite different. Reticle, turret design, illumination, side parallax, zero stop, etc...all different on the two scopes.

18. johara1

johara1

Remember the scopes your tax dollars buy for the military you can't afford, and not available to you nor are they the same quality as civilian models... jim

dkhunt14 and BartsBullets like this.
  19. NDAR15MAN

NDAR15MAN

I have 4 Sightron 10-50x60 scopes.
    1 bought new and 3 I bought used.
    I had some trouble with one , they fixed me right up. Took 2 trips back to them but I was very very happy with the customer service there. Now they are offering some zero stops on newer models. I think they could do better on how they number turrets and yardage marks on scope. Hope they will do that soon.
    I don’t have money for a night force but have looked through every scope
    made ( at Brownells store , i live 2 hours from them. ) and sightron glass is best value for a $ 700.00 to $1200.00 in the 10-50x60 class and maybe in less power scopes in my opinion. Hats off to the sightron folks. Marty

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  20. Ledd Slinger

I know this holds no relevance, but honestly another one of the reasons I dont want a Sightron SIII is that ugly gold lettering and markings. To me it makes the scope look like its dirty and dingy. I just dont like it at all.

I see their newer scopes are going with white on black so good on them. Now if they can only figure out a decent modern reticle...

simo hayha likes this.