Why so much dumping of Sightron 10-50 scopes?

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Ledd Slinger, Jun 6, 2018.

1. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

2. micmac

micmac

New Trijicon offerings are basicaly same LOW japan built scopes as Delta Optical Stryker HD with different branding and should be great.

Ledd Slinger and LA50SHOOTER like this.
  3. micmac

micmac

No set legal definition of "lifetime warranty." companies often choose to interpret it as the lifetime of the product which migth not be even 10years.

Here in Europe some of the best brands have warranty of 2 years while every chicom branded product offers 30Y and in US lifetime is common. Its a marketing tool not a reflection of quality. That German with 2y warranty will still fix your 50y old scope for free while lifetime like Burris you can send your 10y old scope that is out of production and tuff luck (my personal case with Burris)

Warranty is only as good as the company giving it .

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  4. Steveb

Steveb

Warranty limits are also set by the country's laws also. For example, Japan's companies are restricted by legislation.

5. JRS

JRS Gold $$ Contributor

If they aren't a U.S. based company.

6. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

I agree. Sig Sauer is the worst. They came put marketing that they have the same type of warranty as Vortex and Athlon. Then they put out junk rangefinders and won't do anything for you when they fail to work properly right out of the box.

I've had warranty experience with Athlon, Vortex, and the newest company - Barra Optics. Their unconditional lifetime warranty is th real deal. They will take care of you no matter what.

I was always hesitant to buy Swarovski glass because they state a "Limited" lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. But after talking with a lot of people, Swarovski takes care of their customers much better than that. Basically an unconditional warranty in reality. So I finally broke down anf bought the modular ATX spotting scope system. What an amazing product! I looked at the moon last night with my 95mm lens on 120x using the 1.7x magnifier. The detail I could see was unbelievable :)

micmac, thekriebles and 270WinDude like this.
  7. johara1

johara1

Yes, you hit the nail on the head. My experience with NF. Warranty, If you can't or won't fix them then you don't have a warranty. Having sent 6 back one got fixed but it didn't last a year. It cost me 50.00 each to send them back, what a warm fuzzy feeling to toss an other 300.00 down the tube and listen to the same story on the phone. jim

boltfluter, dedeadeye, micmac and 2 others like this.
  8. Hi-NV Shooter

Hi-NV Shooter

if I may ask, which model did you have a problem with and how was the glass

9. Ledd Slinger

Kilo 2200MR.

10. Hi-NV Shooter

Hi-NV Shooter

That model seems to not be on there website how was the glass

11. Ledd Slinger

Bright and clear in sunlight, but bad blueish tint to everything in low light that gives a very poor true color rendition.

12. Hi-NV Shooter

Hi-NV Shooter

Thanks for the information

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  13. varget204

varget204

Got 3 Sightron III's 2, 8-32 x 56 and a 10-50 x 60.You get Twice the scope for money spent compared to other scopes in their price range.If you do not have the money for a Nightforce,It's the Next Best Thing.

14. ranger3

ranger3 Silver $$ Contributor

I have the same and couldn't be happier with my four Sightrons.

varget204 likes this.
  15. rkittine

rkittine Gold $$ Contributor

A couple of years back I do remember seeing a lot of scopes on here for sale, but unless I am missing something, there seems to be less and less calssifieds lately.

I know for some companies, the definition of "Life Time" is 7 years.

Bob

16. Ledd Slinger

If Sightron ever changes their reticles and 'modernizes' their features to compete with other top brands and manages to still keep the price down, then I'll probably jump onboard. Until then.....

17. Ledd Slinger

Just to update this thread, I now own the Trijicon 4.5-30x56 as well as the Delta Stryker HD 5-50x56. Although the Trijicon Accupower is made in the same factory (LOW) as the Delta Optical Stryker HD and the specs are the same on like for like magnification models, they are actually quite different scopes feature-wise. The turrets, reticles, focus knob, illumination, and zero stops are all quite different between the two brands. The Delta is a great scope and well worth the money, but between the two, I prefer all the feature designs on the Trijicon except the reticle... I do like the Trijicon reticles, but they are a little on the 'too thin' side. Delta reticles are pretty much perfect for size and design in my opinion so the Delta definitely gets my vote in the reticle department.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    thekriebles likes this.
  18. ranger3

ranger3 Silver $$ Contributor

In addition to my previous post, I have Four Sightrons and Four Vortex 3 of which are PST Vipers and one Golden Eagle. The Sightrons have better glass IMO and both of them have good tracking and for the money I think they are both good. I'm also looking at a used Sightron 6-24 locally and the price on it (don't need it) makes it especially a good deal. So I may soon have five.

19. burlflet

burlflet

I purchased a Sightron SIII 8-32 MOA2 used from someone on this site and I'm very happy with it.

gambleone and Boisblancboy like this.
  20. Towboater91

Towboater91

I personally have the 5-50x56 trijicon accupower and I can say this ALOT of scope for the money. I really like all the features on this scope. I've owned it since it released last year around August or September. But I am very pleased with it! You won't be disappointed with it I promise!!

Attached Files:

Ledd Slinger and boltfluter like this.