Why I Enjoy Shooting!

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Belton45, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Belton45

Belton45 Silver $$ Contributor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My son shooting the newly put together ar. He had the best two small groups of the day with it. Smallest was this .295" and one a little over .3". He was very happy as I was also. He is 11 and loves going to range. He wanted a nice gun like my PPC so I fixed him up a Krieger 223 ar. :)

2. necchi

necchi

Yeah Man!
    That IS what it's all about, ;) ;D

3. seattleray

seattleray

Signs of the times........once at local range, dad shooting custom $1K plus rifle and teen age daughter with a $150 used gun........of course she didn't like it, it can't shoot well. Another time, a 10/22 shooting teenager sideled up to me behind my Anschutz M1413 free style rifle and was amazed at my grouping. His dad had taken him down to do a little shooting, then maybe archery. I set him up on my Bald Eagle rest let him shoot 5 rounds Fiocchi making a nickel sized hole @ 50 yards..........both of them were still waving "thank you" when I left. r in w.

4. Belton45

Belton45 Silver $$ Contributor

I am pretty sure I was happier than he was. Although he had to call his grandpa and tell him. On the drive back home he was giving me pointers on how to shoot. He has been shooting with me for 5-6 years. He is definitely a good shot. He also shoots a mkiii 22 pistol very well also. He thinks I'm the "coolest dad in the world". He is a very hard working young man. Mows yards, good grades, very athletic. I could not be happier.

5. Hammerhead

Hammerhead

I love this post.
    I don't have kids but feel that we need to keep alive the gun aspect of our heritage.
    I bought a 22 mag rifle and gave it to my nephew. He is a natural in my eyes.
    He loves that rifle more than anything. He has learned to read the wind and can shoot some tight groups with it. I recently let him shoot my AR I just finished building. The look in his eyes after shooting it was priceless. I hope to build him a very nice target gun someday.

Cheers to you.

Tim

6. jonbearman

jonbearman I live in new york state,how unfortunate ! Gold $$ Contributor

I have turned guys on to benchrest too by allowing them to shoot my old classic benchgun. I wish I could let a kid try it but new york has enacted a law that says anyone under the age of 12 cannot even handle a real gun including air rifles.

7. newgun

newgun

I love this country!!!! My boy turns 4 in a few days I hope that is the kind of stuf I have to look forward to. Thanks for the pics.

8. WyleWD

WyleWD Gold $$ Contributor

+1 on this post and this thread...... this IS what it is all about. :) WD

9. lpreddick

lpreddick Gold $$ Contributor

i'v been handloading and target/varmint shooting for 12 years and have taken my son and daughter and their assorted friends to the range many, many times and it is always FUN! i'v taken friends that don't even own guns to the range and they come away smiling and telling me how much fun they had and a few asked about buying a gun, scope, etc and then became frequent range shooters. shooting and all that is involved is a science of sorts and a lot of people are amazed when they understand what happens when a cartridge is fired...they also learn how dangerous things can be if they are not informed and careful. being in the medical field i have determined that shooting is "bang therapy"...much less expensive (if you go rimfire) and much more therapeutic than an hour on a psychiatrist couch! i feel the need for some therapy today. enjoy.

10. cgg

cgg

:eek: Really? A 10 year old cannot shoot a BB gun in NY state? Unbelievable

11. M14AMU

M14AMU

Possibly you need to think about changing zip codes!!

12. Preacher

Preacher Gold $$ Contributor

NYS won't even let the 16 year old kid I mentored, shoot my XP-100 pistol at a deer even though he would be setting right next to me in the condo, and was legally able to shoot a deer..
    He did just fine with the .284 Winchester I set him up with, but it was just the idea of not being able to use my hand gun that kinda ticked us both off...