Why all the deleted posts lately ?

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by mikeeg02, Jul 4, 2018.

1. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Gold $$ Contributor

Okay - So what's the purpose of "AS" nametags then ? - I'm showing up as a Rookie - First ever IBS Match.
    - My expectation surely isn't that those with all "that kind of knowledge" are going to turn me into a one match "wonder". - Now, I approach this match as I'm a new shooter, I have a lot to learn and I'm willing to be trainable, But - My experience at matches (FCSA) that I've shot was it's each for there self. -

- Ron -

2. dkhunt14

dkhunt14

I think the 1000 yard guys are more friendly. They seem to want to help others more. I went to so e 50 cal matches to look. It seemed to be a different kind of group of people. I also went to a high power match to watch and they didn't seem near as friendly. I tried talking to all of them. Matt

hogpatrol and LA50SHOOTER like this.
  3. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

There are no name tags, lol. The nats is going to be a great time and Im looking forward to meeting everyone. If you start coming to matches and talking with the shooters about things they have been testing you will learn some very interesting stuff. They are all willing to give you any help you need along the way. Really shortens the learning curve.

LA50SHOOTER likes this.
  4. mikeeg02

mikeeg02 Michael Glantz Silver $$ Contributor

I would say to put a face to the name. I didnt really put any thought into mine. I generally use this name, as its the prefix to my gmail account. I am always willing to talk with anyone though. Ive found the same as Matt, everyone I have met at Williamsport and Reade in 1k br has been happy to offer help, and assistance for new comers to the range.

LA50SHOOTER likes this.
  5. Longrangelefty

Longrangelefty

You are correct, I was just saying it so we could put a face with the names. The places I have shot such as Cool Acres in GA, Hawk's Ridge in NC and Whitehorse in WV have for the most part had extremely nice and helpful shooters. Honestly, At Hawk's Ridge and Cool Acres before the matches start we always compare notes and try to help each other out. I don't know of another sport or even shooting discipline that people are not only willing to help as much but also enjoy seeing others succeed like the guys in 1000 and 600 yard. I know of a big handful of people coming out west that can't wait for that second weekend in August!

Blake Wilson

bcarico and dmoran like this.
  6. LA50SHOOTER

One of my biggest fears is: How am I going to get ALL that stuff set up in 15 minutes and still be able to shoot well ?
    A 65+ pound front rest, a rear rest and a 70 pound heavy gun. I'll be huffing & puffing like a freight train when I finally get on the stool to shoot. - That coupled with some first time jitters. - I'm not complaining but there has to be a method to being able to do it & get it right the first time and not be winded from toting all that gear. - I realize that my post is WAY off topic from the OP's topic of "Why all the deleted posts lately ?"

7. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

You have plenty of time. We dont start the relay until every ones ready.

Longrangelefty and LA50SHOOTER like this.
  8. LA50SHOOTER

Thank You, Thank You, & Thank You Again !!!

- Ron -

9. dkhunt14

dkhunt14

An Amish wagon with big tires. I added a rack on the side to hold the gun. Everything else sits in the bottom. The rack and botton is lined with 3/8 rubber. I would show a pic but my wagon is at the range. My buddy has the same wagon and he added a motor from a wheelchair.

You can make a wooden template for lining up your rest and rear rest or bag. It helps keep everything square. Matt

hogpatrol and LA50SHOOTER like this.
  10. LA50SHOOTER

Thanks Matt, - I have a cart with wheels that I'm bringing, and my heavy gun is normally transported on a stand that has carry handles (All my bigger iron I build transport stands with handles on them) - I think I can get my rests & gun with transport stand all on the cart. - The wooden template is a very good idea. In the past I've just used a tape measure to set the space between the front & rear bags on the two rests.

- Ron -

11. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Yup

12. mikeeg02

mikeeg02 Michael Glantz Silver $$ Contributor

Haha dont ever try shooting at ridgway then. That's an extremely fast paced setup and tear down. Most of us setup ez-up tents behind our benches so we can have our equipment right behind the benches. Though their two classes are 12# and 17#. Most of us buy a bench together and share rests, sometimes bags, but some of us use different stuff. As soon as someone's done shooting they are tore down and the next person at the bench and getting comfortable.