Why all the deleted posts lately ?

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by mikeeg02, Jul 4, 2018.

1. group therapy

group therapy Silver $$ Contributor

I can't imagine ya'll haven't noticed, but there are several world class shooters that were regularly posting test results, ideas, opinions based on testing, and such as that on here quite a bit. I haven't seen anything from a bunch of them lately. some of the last post I saw from them they were basically being attacked by "don't know nuthin but know everything" kind of shooters. their input is greatly missed already and I for one hope they come back. ymmv. bryant. :)

2. jimmymac

jimmymac

This is an open board like any other. Opinions and attitudes will run the gamut. Anyone that's been around these places for any length of time should know this and accept it as part of the buy in for being here. As everywhere we have the new guard, old guard, silent majority, vocal minority, antagonists, punching bags, grumpy old men, etc, etc, etc.

This place will only be what we make of it. If you get butt hurt easily, then maybe an open forum isn't really for you and you'd do better off in a safe space with an emotional support pet. No one is going to run me off. Grow a set. Life is too short.

ledward, rwj, Bc'z and 1 other person like this.
  3. jimmymac

jimmymac

I almost deleted that post...almost.:D

Seriously...I'm here for the information. I'll happily pass along what I know even if I have to defend my position. It's how this works. I also ask questions because there is much I do not know. I try to learn something new everyday.

Bc'z likes this.
  4. jds holler

jds holler Gold $$ Contributor

Heck, I wish there was a delete button that I could use for some of the crap that comes out of my mouth in public. I swear to God, I must have some degree of Tourettes Syndrome, and sometimes my wife isn't around to smack me on the shoulder before my gums start flapping. :rolleyes:

At least here on the forum I have a little time to think before I hit send. jd

5. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Every day I am on these forums, I found out just how little I really know. From this chair, the wealth of information, experience and skill on here is mind boggling.

I'll add, it can save one a LOT of money too.:)

swd, Bc'z, group therapy and 2 others like this.
  6. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

LOL, I love it. Grow a set? On the internet? Everyone on the internet has a bunch bigger set than they do in real life already :) Some of you are missing the point. Its about how you want to send your time. I want people to shoot well. Its literally what I do for a living. So I'll never stop helping. But the serious competitors that no longer post here are a big loss to the site. Some have moved to Facebook when everyone used their real names like Erik Cortina

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  7. jimmymac

jimmymac

I don't know Alex... At 40 they wouldn't hit, but at 55 I can gauge the temperature of the toilet water every morning when I sit down. ;)

Bc'z and hogpatrol like this.
  8. dkhunt14

dkhunt14

It gets hard to post things when guys that have never tested it, give you a real bashing or a bunch of $hit. Then there is the type that wants 50 million rounds shot to make it a scientific test. It just is easier not to post what took you hours and lots of money to find out just to get bashed by a keyboard typer or naysayers. Most of these guys posting have shot in excess of 30,000 plus rounds at 1000 yards and document what they see.

You don't need 50 million rounds shot if you color five bullets one color and 5 another and shoot them round robin like you do in a match. You would be surprised how some repeat over and over and there is a difference in the two. You got to remember 1000 yard BR matches can be won or lost by way less then a quarter inch. Most guys don't have equipment good enough to see that little difference. Matt

swd, tuttlefarm, dedeadeye and 6 others like this.
  9. Alex Wheeler

Much of what I pulled down is H4895 stuff. I feel like I pushed it too hard in as a result it has caused some shooters to struggle with it when either their barrel didnt like it or they got a bad lot. H4895 can set records or if you get a bad lot it wont shoot in any barrel. One of our local guys is really good at picking out the good lots in his dasher, the difference between a good and bad lot is unbelievable. I realized I need to be more careful in what I post, so now Im more likely to recommend trying a few different powders.

CaptainMal, dmoran and hogpatrol like this.
  10. dwall

dwall Silver $$ Contributor

Well I’ve got my first 600+ rounds at 1000 yards since I did my first build last July. I can tell you there is no greater shortcut to smaller groups than from the dedicated shooters on this forum. I can’t believe how armchair experts dump on real world proven experience. Darwin.

dmoran and hogpatrol like this.
  11. Alex Wheeler

I think this is a dead horse. No one needs their ass kissed. But like I posted on a thread I deleted because it got out of control, "dont speak on the internet different than you would in person". Seems like that would be reasonable idea? I have met some people here, the internet personality is 180 degrees from the real one, I like the real ones better :)

12. Jtate

Jtate

I greatly miss reading anything Erik Cortina had to say.

nmjwolf likes this.
  13. Alex Wheeler

He is on the f-class page on FB all the time.

270WinDude likes this.
  14. 270WinDude

270WinDude

While I can see what you guys are saying about world class people not posting as regularly as they once did or this new guard talk... I went to a few forums before landing here. This is by far, not even remotely same category, better then the others I went to. If you think the noise on this forum (of which I contribute but I knowingly know nothing) is bad, psh…. I don't even want to repeat some of the stuff that I see on other forums in fear of sounding dumb myself or offending some people.

Bc'z, hogpatrol and dmoran like this.
  15. Alex Wheeler

Well, the good news is I know for a fact most of the guys not posting are still reading and there are many top shooters reading that never did post much. Hopefully they give it another try. ;)

16. Longrangelefty

Longrangelefty

AS nametags at nationals would be great!

17. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Gold $$ Contributor

"AS" Please tell me what this means.

Thanks - Ron -

18. Longrangelefty

Longrangelefty

Accurate Shooter

19. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Gold $$ Contributor

- Not Opposed to this at all. - The "AS" got my mind wandering about the meaning. - But what's good for one has to be good for all.

Thanks, - Ron -

Longrangelefty likes this.
  20. Alex Wheeler

The vast majority that will be at the nats are not posters. One of the reasons I encourage people to show up to matches. You will not find that kind of knowledge anywhere else!