Which DBM for Drop in install?

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by mao0720, May 5, 2015.

1. mao0720

mao0720 Silver $$ Contributor

Im looking for a DBM bottom metal that will drop into a factory BDL Remington 700 stock. I know that there are a few of them out there, does anyone have any suggestion as to which one works the best with the least amount of fitting?

2. Pulpit

Pulpit Silver $$ Contributor

I have several rifles with the Wyatt's DBM bottom metal. They are a drop in unit for BDL rifles. No fitting needed at all. I like them, have had no issues.

Some are not fans of these as they are not AICS compatible. I have read reports that the Wyatt doesn't feed as well as the AICS. In my limited experience I have not had any problem. I'm not real tactical nor do I compete though.

3. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

I sure do like the defiance machine units

4. Pulpit

Pulpit Silver $$ Contributor

The Defiance are very nice, top quality from a friend who uses that. I think anything but the Wyatt requires some fitting. Most sellers ask that you just send it to them, they mill and install and have it back really fast.

If/when I build another, it will likely be with AICS mags.

5. hammerjack

hammerjack Gold $$ Contributor

Take a look at Stiller's DBM.

6. cotntop

cotntop

I send all my stocks to Badger and love their DBM units and turnaround time. Not a drop-in but worth the extra bucks.

7. mao0720

mao0720 Silver $$ Contributor

Hmmm. I definitely want to use an AICS mag compatible system since that is what my Eliseo rifle uses. Im looking at PTG Flush fit that is supposed to not require any inletting (or minimal), but they dont have any in stock. Anyone have any input on that bottom metal?