Where to buy AD FX120i scale

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by carlsbad, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Amen!!

SPJ likes this.
  2. dickn52

dickn52 Gold $$ Contributor

Well, I tried. You have no idea what I would say man to man. Mod needs to shut this down.

3. brokeasajoke

brokeasajoke Silver $$ Contributor

It is odd they won't ship a scale. Who says for what purpose he is ordering the scale. Surely not everyone who orders an fx120i will use it for reloading purposes.

mike06 likes this.
  4. mike06

mike06 US ARMY 1970-1977 Silver $$ Contributor

I figured more drug dealers buy it than reloaders.

5. RatRifle

RatRifle

Settle down boys. I would bet this has something to do with a distribution agreement between CE and a California company, probably a subsidiary.

Jim
    134563-7952e285cc5aac6d3dca305714dc8e04.png

Evan and Bc'z like this.
  6. carlsbad

carlsbad Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep. Gold $$ Contributor

and if so, so what. There are no reloading laws.

Bc'z likes this.
  7. carlsbad

Shouldn't they disclose that and recommend me to the other company? --Jerry

8. carlsbad

So you want the mod to shut my thread down? Why don't you just delete your negative contributions to the thread and to back under the bridge? If you do, I'll delete all my responses.

Spend some time thinking about something positive you might do in the future.

--Jerry

Bc'z likes this.
  9. carlsbad

Hey dick,
    It's not often you are offered a do-over in life. I'm offering you a chance to delete your mistake and pretend nothing ever happened. You should take it. --Jerry

SPJ likes this.
  10. eddief

eddief Gold $$ Contributor

Brownells has them in stock with $30 off $250 or more + free shipping

11. SPJ

SPJ Gold $$ Contributor

E08CD0A6-DA4B-4D2A-B77D-D00E8D43E9E8.jpeg
    Seems to be a slight disconnect somewhere :D

PatMiles, Bc'z and mike06 like this.
  12. carlsbad

OK. Thanks to all of those who offered help. I didn't realize that Brownells had them. I buy a lot from Brownells and they give me a little discount.

Another forum member PM'd me a seller with a good price on them.

In the end, a well respected forum member sent me a PM and sold me his. Thanks for all the help.

--Jerry

swd, Evan, SPJ and 1 other person like this.
  13. Tanker

Tanker

I think it has to do with the sales tax rules in CA. Seems there is some form that has to be filed, etc., etc. When I bought my Autotrickler, there was some discussion on the 'hide about having to buy from Area 419 if you wanted it shipped to CA. I thought just another reason not to live there.

Turbulent Turtle likes this.
  14. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Jerry,
    You remind me of...me!

LarryDScott likes this.
  15. Evan

Evan Gold $$ Contributor

I'm glad this worked out for you, Jerry. This thread should have been that way all along, not a diatribe about California laws that have no effect on this particular item.

16. Turbulent Turtle

Turbulent Turtle F-TR competitor

I think it might have to do with territory. AnD is a Japanese company, but their headquarters for North and South America is AnD Engineering based in California. Cambridge is a Canadian company and they may well not be allowed to ship products to California because of their arrangements with AnD Engineering. They can't encroach on their local turf, so to speak. In other words , it may have nothing to do with California laws per se.

RatRifle likes this.
  17. carlsbad

AnD got back to my email inquiry and said that a lawsuit, wayfair vs south dakota, resulted in them not shipping to California. They still ship to South Dakota. They said it is too hard for them to deal with sales tax to CA. Other states, not so much. So if they are pissed at California, then by not selling here, CA gets no sales tax from them. I guess they at least are accomplishing their mission.

--Jerry

Turbulent Turtle likes this.
  18. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd Gold $$ Contributor

Yet.

dttheliman likes this.
  19. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

20. Jeff A

Jeff A Formerly known as BikeEffects Gold $$ Contributor

I'm betting the State of California has hit them to collect CA State Sales Tax.