Where did I place my PPC go gauge

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by Ggmac, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Ggmac

Ggmac

Made 2 today , .001 and a .0015 ish over min go .

joshb likes this.
  2. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

I spent an hour yesterday and an hour and a half today, looking for a barreled action I " tucked away" when I went on vacation. I could not remember where I put it.:mad::rolleyes: Getting old sucks!

vahena and Ggmac like this.
  3. DaveTooley

DaveTooley Silver $$ Contributor

Never had a slide but many barrel rolls.
    I took 1060 lbs of barrels and drops off of new blanks to the scrap yard Wednesday. Because it's magnetic 416 doesn't bring much these days. Like 6 cents a pound.

Ggmac likes this.
  4. Ggmac

Ggmac

No no dang I could of used them ! Ebb called me a gun hoarder , I could of proved him wrong .
    Years ago I realized why most of my friends brought there wives over . After walking up behind a friend an his wife , I hear him say " see honey , you thought I was bad , look at this and HIS wife doesn't mind !"

wholman and joshb like this.
  5. Boyd L.

Boyd L.

Boy oh boy...!
    You guys are brutal on yourselves about getting older and the seemingly terminal case of CRS most of us display. I have another theory....
    Cognitively speaking we we all have a certain "capacity" of cognitive retention (memory) that varies from person to person. I equate this to having a "bucket" to carry around all the stuff I need to remember. The older we get the "fuller" (is that a word?) our buckets get because we've spent relatively rich lives acquiring "stuff to remember". When a bucket gets too full something has to spill out indicating we've reached capacity.
    So based on the bucket theory, you guys (and myself) aren't suffering CRS....it's just that our buckets are full.:p

foxguy, hoz53, joshb and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ggmac

Ggmac

Yup makes sense , gotta learn to delete all that useless info , ah , what was I going to say , never mind , nap time .

7. joshb

I woke up this morning and remembered where my shop was! I had a good day! Had fun. Then I walked in the house and my wife asked if I did the weeding. Some how, I forgot that.;) We'll see if I remember, tomorrow.:eek:

jimmymac, hoz53 and Ggmac like this.
  8. savagedasher

savagedasher

A man told his wife he was going to have give up his golf due to sight loss .
    She suggest he take her brother .
    The next day at the first hole he T it up and layer into the drive .
    He wen back to the cart with a big smile . He ask his brother inlaw Did you see where it went ? He answered yes
    Where did it go Brother inlaw said with a smile. I Forgot Larry

9. DOGCAPPER

DOGCAPPER

Went to my primary care Dr last month.
    He ran a brain wave test on me,
    Result was printed out on several columns of numbers and letters.
    Brain Type 0.50A.
    Doc what is that?
    Turns out 0.5 is 1/2 in math
    A. in medical terms is abreviation for Anus.

I have a half ass brain.

joshb and Ggmac like this.
  10. hoz53

hoz53 Gold $$ Contributor

Well mabie i was reincarnated and my bucket was full when i got here as ive had these troubles all my life. i knew there was some explanation.

Ggmac and joshb like this.
  11. hoz53

hoz53 Gold $$ Contributor

were i married i believe a selective memory would come in handy. I can say this stuff since i wont get in trouble for it when i get home.

Ggmac and joshb like this.
  12. ebb

ebb

Gary I am a gun hoarder don't you think I could recognize one?

13. Hal

Hal

Butch

Do you have a picture of the fixture for your Hermes engraver ?
    Thank You

Hal

14. alintx

alintx

I find I'm spending more time thinking about the hereafter! I walk into one of my shops and have to stop and think,,,, what am i hereafter!!!!

15. wholman

wholman

If you will look for my pocket knife,
    I will look for your go gage.

GaryL1959 and Ggmac like this.
  16. Riesel

Riesel Gold $$ Contributor

I was going to make a comment but now I can't remember what it was. Anyway, if some one here borrowed my firing pin removal tool, please send it back my way. Thanks:p

17. jimmymac

jimmymac Silver $$ Contributor

Last week I got a really nice PMA micro die adjuster. Fast forward to this week... I sure do miss it.

18. joshb

I was supposed to have my last build finished on a Saturday. I didn't do it until Sunday because I spent half of Saturday trying to find the trigger for it. I knew I put it somewhere "safe"!?!:(

Ggmac likes this.
  19. snert

snert Silver $$ Contributor

I moved, so all my stuff in boxes. Go to range, THEN remember I need to clean the rifles. Dig thru a dozen boxes, find the cleaning stuff. Clean the guns. All good, right? Fast forward 3 weeks. Neighbor walks over with a box and three old revolvers, says, can you tell me what these are, how much they worth? Well first I have to clean them cause one so grimey the cylinder won't turn. Ended up soaking it in kerosene and blasting with WD40, cause I STILL CAN"T FIND MY DANGED CLEANING STUFF!!!! Clearly, someone took it.

BTW, it was a functional Colt Army Navy 38 LC, and a Pristine Colt Agent. Also a little NAA, loaded with green gook and 22 mags.

Fun day getting them all back to working nice. The agent thankfully was fine, just dust bunnies and old oil. I did remember to return the guns when done...and still have no idea where my cleaning supplies are.

20. joshb

That's a Big reason why I really don't want to move!!:mad: Again. It's been 15 years since the last move and I'm still looking for stuff. I think my wife snuck it into the dumpster.:confused:

Ggmac likes this.