Whats the craziest thing you have ever heard some one about a gun?

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by ebb, Sep 9, 2017.

1. 50bmg1979

50bmg1979 Silver $$ Contributor

My dad carried a m16 in 69-70. And still to this day wont own a ar15

Comrade Terry and Willie like this.
  2. Bugs

Bugs Silver $$ Contributor

True story (May God strike me dead); I had a barrel only, 12 gauge for an Ithaca Model 37 for sale on another site. Guy PM's me stating that he is extremely interested because he has a 20 Gauge Model 37 and, with this spare barrel, he could have a 12 and a 20 in the same shotgun.

3. people

people

Only in syndication. In real life he fired his handgun 8 times in 152 episodes. So in 94.74% of the episodes he was in he did not fire his service revolver.

4. Remshot

Remshot

A couple years ago my son and I were shooting at a local public range when a gentleman came in and sat down at the bench next to us. He proceeded to open his gun case and pull out a beautiful vintage Weatherby Mark 5. He fired 3 or 4 shots and began complaining that it just wasn't shooting like it used to. He asked me to look at it to see if I could see anything wrong. When I examined the gun I noticed it was chambered in 300 Weatherby Magnum. The box of ammo on the bench was 300 Win Mag. time to leave the range!!

300_whisper likes this.
  5. mr.big

mr.big

Grandpa carried a Garand across France into Germany and as far as I know never fired a gun the rest of his life,which ended 9-16-06. grandpa.jpg

6. Texas10

Texas10 Silver $$ Contributor

I went to one of the local big box sporting good stores ( I won't mention the name) to attend a "long range shooting seminar" that was widely advertised. Expecting a large crowd I arrived early only to see a crowd of about a dozen eventually huddle around the big fish tank to listen to their local "expert" explain how to shoot to 1000 yds.
    After listening to him for about half an hour, someone in the crowd asked why it is accuracy falls off when the barrel gets hot after a few shots. His reply was that as the barrel gets hot, the bullet no longer fits tight in the bore, but instead rattles loosely down the bore on it's way out the muzzle.
    That's when I hit the mental "delete button" to everything he'd said and left.

300_whisper likes this.
  7. Capt. Oblivious

Capt. Oblivious

Then you see the shows where someone actually used a scope before and he tells the actor to turn the round knob things on the scope before he shoots so it looks legit. Shooting someone at 90y he spins that windage turret like a lotto machine

8. mongo chicago

mongo chicago

I was running the department's range on a Saturday because a federal agency wanted to use it for qualifications. An attractive female agent came in early and asked if it was ok for her to load up her magazines. We talked and when she almost finished, I stated that I would bet a paycheck that the only time she shoots is at her once a year qualifications. With a big smile she asked how I knew. When I informed her that she just loaded all her magazines backwards, she begged me not to tell her range officer.

gotcha, 1shot, joshb and 6 others like this.
  9. wholman

wholman

That is funny.

10. JLT

JLT Gold $$ Contributor

Dang! They're everywhere!

11. 300_whisper

300_whisper Silver $$ Contributor

Well at least she's good looking.

12. ebb

ebb

We survived the bug blow. The power just came back on and I want to read some of this but the wife is taking me to lunch..

joshb and Comrade Terry like this.
  13. ED3

ED3 Gold $$ Contributor

...shades of the infamous H & K Catalog cover photo:
    [​IMG]

14. Link

Link

I'm not crazy enough to tell you guys about all the stupid krap I've done lol

savagedasher likes this.
  15. snert

snert Gold $$ Contributor

Ya, how did that happen?

300_whisper likes this.
  16. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

Blonde??

300_whisper likes this.
  17. 300_whisper

300_whisper Silver $$ Contributor

Are they loaded backwards?? How? Why would hk let that slip?!

18. JLT

JLT Gold $$ Contributor

Yep, they're backwards. You would think someone in HK marketing would have caught that.

19. mr.big

mr.big

you should have tried to work out a deal with her

gotcha and Mark W like this.
  20. SSL

SSL

For the same reason Billy the Kid was thought for years to have been left-handed due to a flipped negative; too obvious to notice!