What is the best rear bag under $70?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by TommyTwoTone, Jan 18, 2018.

1. TommyTwoTone

TommyTwoTone

Hi,

I am nearing completion of a .223 rifle build with a MDT ESS Aluminum chassis. My stock is more oriented to PRS but I plan to use it for benchrest and (very) occasionally prone firing. The front of my rifle will be supported by an Atlas bipod. I'm currently shooting for recreation only, so I competition imposed limitations on weight or configuration.

I know 'best' rear bag is heavily subjective but I'm trying to keep my expense below $70 and even at that price point there's a lot to choose from. Anyone have good experience with a rear bag under that price point?

PS-My butt stock is more hook-shaped than traditional, which may lend itself better to one shape than another.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  2. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Silver $$ Contributor

Protektor has a number of rear bags within your price range. Call them with your particulars and they can recommend the best model for your needs.

muleystalker likes this.
  3. deebaines

deebaines

Came for the same recommendations here, very actual for me now!

4. TommyTwoTone

TommyTwoTone

I ended up with a Red Tac Gear Ultimate Pillow. It's filled with poly pellets that make it shapeable and it was about $50/shipped. I like it quite a bit.

5. Falfan2017

Falfan2017

I have a protektor. Spent a bit more than 70$ because I wanted the special slippery version but I'm happy with it.

6. Peebles24

Peebles24 Gold $$ Contributor

Im looking for a rear bag also. I see the protectors on ebay for 37.00 unfilled. Looks like unfilled leather. I plan to shoot f class open i think? I work at a BOPP manufacture so i have access to poly pellets for free, but sand is cheap also. What would be best for me as far as bag and filler. My stock is a hs prescion that came factory on my savage LRP.

Thank you

newbieshooter likes this.
  7. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

Paver sand found at lowes. Leave the poly pellets for position bags not any actual rifle rest.

SageRatSafaris likes this.
  8. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm Silver $$ Contributor

Check out Seb rear bags.