What does your blue box brass measure ?

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by Jtate, Jul 9, 2018.

1. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

We had applicants for a machinist apprenticeship and when one of them
    Was asked how many thousandths were in one inch he answered "they're pretty small, must be a million of 'em".:rolleyes::D

pirate ammo, 22DASHER and Stan Taylor like this.
  2. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

I bought a bunch of Puerto Rico Rolexes one time for Christmas gifts,,went over big,everyone thought they were the real thing,,:confused:

Stan Taylor likes this.
  3. #40Fan

#40Fan

Is 999 the right answer?

Stan Taylor likes this.
  4. Stan Taylor

Stan Taylor

You're off just a little little little bit.LOL just this much. 20180713_143430-1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    dogdude and hogpatrol like this.
  5. #40Fan

#40Fan

Are you sure? Any more and it would just be an inch! ;)

6. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

That's close enough to get you in to the remedial math class at the local community college so you can eventually pass the test.

As long as this thread's been hijacked, ;):rolleyes: here's a story that's could frost a few balls. Our company needed apprentices for various trades, millwrights, electricians, pipefitters, etc. The state government aided in some of the funding so half had to be hired from within the plant and half off the street. The ones on the street HAD to pass the math test to just qualify. None in the plant could pass the math test so the company sends them to school after work, pays for the school and pays them their hourly rate for the time they attend. This is so they can pass the test and let the company hire the QUALIFIED ones from outside. You can assume correctly the ones hired off the street made good tradespeople. The in plant hires wouldn't last a day in another shop.:(

We now return you to our regular programming.

Stan Taylor likes this.
  7. STS

STS Silver $$ Contributor

If you think that's bad you should some of the bone heads in the medical field. I assure you there are many of them in EVERY HOSPITAL that don't know a milligram from a kilogram. And they are giving patients drugs. I see cardiac surgery patients that some knuckle head has their height in centimeters and their weight in kilograms reversed. I have asked the nurse if she thinks that 80 cm and 180 Kg seems right for that patient. That would be 31.5 inches tall and 396 pounds. I usually get a blank stare, they don't even know what I'm talking about.

Toby Bradshaw likes this.
  8. Jtate

Jtate

Ok this is my thread, but I like the way it is going. I start off all interviews for shop mechanics with these two questions. What is your favorite beer ? and Who is the vice president of the United States ? If you do not own your own business you would be shocked at how many applicants are stumped by these two questions.

Stan Taylor likes this.