Well I Bought a New Toy!

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by USMCDOC, Jul 10, 2017.

1. USMCDOC

USMCDOC Silver $$ Contributor

Ok, finally got a chance to work on this..

LapuaCenterX328.jpg

This was the first group i actually had a chance to shoot. i had taken the tuner off for cleaning and put it back on.. i was told that it wasn't quite in tune so i would have to move it a tad.. the lone shot on the right was the first shot (after a few fowlers) then the second shot was right above the calipers you see in the pic. i moved the tuner 6 clicks and then put five more on top of the original second shot.

LapuaCenterX325.jpg

This one was the second group i shot, same basic conditions as the first one, fairly calm with the tails just flickering ever so slightly.

LapuaMidas.jpg

i feel that i need to try this one again, i got clocked twice by a pick up in the wind while massaging the trigger and concentrating on the crosshairs.

pacificman likes this.
  2. pacificman

pacificman

Now even YOU know yer spoilt...LOL:p:D Ya got yourself a real nice shooter there! I'm jealous...;):D

USMCDOC likes this.
  3. USMCDOC

More excited than spoiled.. at least now i have a good idea of what velocity to be looking at. I have not even thought about trying any Eley, from what i have been reading lately, what they have been producing lately has been not near as good as in the past. A distributor recently told me on the phone, that he'll give them one thing, that they are great at marketing.. as for me, i don't know any different for better or worse right now.. but i think that i will be sticking with Center-X for now..

patriot and pacificman like this.
  4. pacificman

pacificman

Yea...when I build or buy a new rifle...the fun begins when trying to find what they like to shoot.
    Some of them have been very challenging but it has always been the fun part. Seems you have
    a good load so far....when they are practically going in the same hole...hard to improve that...LOL:D

USMCDOC likes this.
  5. USMCDOC

i agree with ya!

pacificman likes this.
  6. Intell

Intell

Lots of differant lot#s will shoot small groups, but shooting a whole target for score will tell you more about how that lot# bucks the wind. I've had ammo that would shoot a hole for a group in no wind but would not hold up in a push. I've also had ammo that didn't group as tite shoot higer scores, because it bucked the wind better.

USMCDOC likes this.
  7. USMCDOC

Well for now, we'll just have to fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to ammo.. i am kind of at the mercy of how much is currently out there to be had.. i am going to be winging it for a while anyway.. so i am not too terrible concerned at this moment.. it is more so about learning the rifle and how the ammo acts in the wing before actually becoming serious about it.. it don't happen over night..

8. USMCDOC

Well i got to try a Vortex Golden Eagle on the Turbo today.. oh man what a scope! i was using it at 50X at 50 yards.. it was awesome! And yes even at that range, with the ASR on the end of the scope, you could see the mirage, but it wasn't concise enough to use with reliability.. at least today it wasn't.. But i am glad that i got it.. great scope!

9. USMCDOC

Do you know how hard it is to hold a crappy cell phone still long enough for it to finally take a pic!

20170718_150032.jpg

Scope is on 50X

pacificman likes this.
  10. pacificman

pacificman

Yes I do...LOL:rolleyes::D Awesome scope ya got there...I knew you were spoilt....:p:D:D
    Feels good to have optics that really help ya see yer target!!!:) Now you won't have any
    excuse not to win every match you go to...:eek::D:D

USMCDOC likes this.
  11. USMCDOC

And that is with the ASR on the scope.. i spent some time today actually watching mirage at 50 yards..

pacificman likes this.