Welcome to the Reloading Forum -- Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Forum Boss, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Art Dirindin

Art Dirindin

Hello to everyone. Been reloading for over 30 years for handgun and both straight wall and bottle necked rifle cartridges and thought I was a knowledgeable reloader, THAT IS until I spent some time here and at the Accurate Reloading WS and I was forced to admit after 30 years I have BARELY scratched the tip of the iceberg in terms of reloading knowledge.
    Especially as it applies to reloading technology advancements of the last 5-10 years, I really am in the stone age as it pertains to reloading. Good news is my education is limited by only two things, #1-My willingness to learn and #2-The depth of my pockets because DEAR LOARD is the reoading equipment and rifles needed to take one to the upper levels of reloading for competitive shooting able to rapidly dispose of my available disposable income. And I haven't even mentioned optics for long range.

But there are no awards I know of for the richest man in the grave yard either.

jimmymac likes this.
  2. Legionnaire

Legionnaire Silver $$ Contributor

Been shooting and hobby reloading for a long time, now starting to get serious about accuracy. Also playing with my first wildcat, a Remington 700 SPS I had rebuilt in .243 Ackley Improved. I've read a lot of the articles hosted here and thought it was finally time to get active on the forum.

3. M-61

M-61 "Quis Separabit" Gold $$ Contributor

4. Novamark1

Novamark1

Hey everyone, just became a member. I have reloaded for quite a few years. Have shot in 1000yd benchrest competitions in the late 90s. I love trying different calibers and getting the best accuracy out of all my rifles. Just bought a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6mm Creedmoor. The newest to my collection. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Mark

5. zedhound

zedhound

Hey everyone,
    New guy from NC. Been reloading only about 3 years now. primarily Pistol (9mm,40SW,45ACP) but ive been getting in to rifle (223,300blk) recently.

I'm here to learn. so any advice is welcomed.

6. Martino1

Martino1

I've been reloading for a couple of years now. I live in South Fla about 30 minutes from a 100yd range and about 1.75hrs from 1000yd range. I use the close range for zeroing and load development and the far range for stretching the legs on my 6.5CM and .308. I have a 300 Norma that I'll be doing loads for as soon as I get brass for it.

7. dbcfr

dbcfr

New here and would like to say hi to all....I have been reloading for a few more years then i would like to count.
    I am a small caliber guy....newest project 20BR....

8. amboy49

amboy49

As a new member of this forum I thought I would check in and say hello. I began shooting and loading back in the 70’s but not for bench rest accuracy. Having purchased a used Dillon xl650 that came with thousands of .223 cases, bullets, and several lbs of powder. With those components as a start, I went out and bought a Savage 10P in .223 and a Vortex 6-24x50 scope.

Now I’m hoping I can use the work of others to help me cut a few corners to set the Savage up as a real tack driver.

9. Mighttuss

Mighttuss

Hello everyone I just thought I say hi and hope you all can help me to learn how to reload my first 308 on a Lee's Precision press. I been reading the book that cane with the Lee's press along with just about any thing on the internet to do with reloading. My first question is this. Is the information on this site for reloading a 308 win accurate? Thank you so much for your wonderful forum.
    P.S Now to get some more knowledge about reloading, and hopful by this time next month I can show my very first 308 round made by my hands.
    http://www.accurateshooter.com/cartridge-guides/308win/

I have all so download this program.
    http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/

I also downloaded this page for bullet diameter and primer.
    size https://issuu.com/grafandsons/docs/primer_size_and_bullet_diameter_chart2

10. GT1

GT1

I was looking for this in the main general forum a bit earlier.

Hey guys. Don't know how I missed this place. Been around reloading for a little while. I always enjoy reading and learning new things. I load for just about everything I shoot. Mostly on a Lee Classic turret and a XL650.

11. lazyMlazyK

lazyMlazyK

Thanks for having me here! I’ve been lurking for a few weeks now and decided I should try to join the crowd. Have been shooting non-competitively for the last 15 years, but just started reloading about six years ago when I found my Dad’s old RCBS RS that he stopped fiddling with when he was younger (maybe in the 70’s?). Currently I reload for a Savage 12 .22-250, Winchester Model 7 .30-06, and Beretta 92A1 9mm. I look forward to learning more here and do some contributing where I feel I can!

Comrade Terry likes this.
  12. Comrade Terry

Comrade Terry Gold $$ Contributor

Welcome aboard, Lazy! Pull up a beer, and have a chair! :confused:

LGKLAS likes this.
  13. Snowyone

Snowyone

Reloaded years ago for my hunting and varmiting but I'm wanting to get serious about 1000yd shooting. Ordered a Broughton barrel in 7mm/32"s long. Ordered a Defiant action and a Masterclass stock. Decided on a 300WSM necked to a 7mm. Now I'm sweating the details to put it all together$$$. Hopping to learn more about reloading for accuracy

14. LGKLAS

LGKLAS

Hi All, New to reloading and been following this site for a while and I think it's loaded (pun intended) with good info. So decided to sign up today, so I could ask questions and comment. Load for two 6.5CMs: a bolt gun and an AR-10. I load and shoot for the fun of it. Not a competitor, and shoot paper and steel with friends. Hope to learn here. lg

15. corsair4360

corsair4360 Silver $$ Contributor

Reloading for better than 40 years. Load for 30-06, 270 WSM, 338 Win Mag, 6.5x284, 6xc currently. Have reloaded many others, 6mm, 7mmMag, 223, and 22-250 that I can recall. I shoot regularly out to 1,000 yards with my 6xc's and 6.5x284. My LH 270 WSM, 30-06 and LH 338 Win Mag are for elk hunting here in Utah each fall. My 30-06 is a highly modified 1917 Enfield, with modified bolt, modified magazine (belly gone), ears removed (all done 40 years ago) which is now retired. I shoot left handed, due to a very dominant left eye.

16. ArDee

ArDee

Howdy! Saw this forum while reading a US Army Marksmanship Unit "how to do it" article and wanted to join up to learn more. I'm a long time reloader but this hobby seems to be constantly evolving and new stuff from bright minds is always interesting. Thanks for adding me in!

17. ClassCat

ClassCat Unlimited Gold $$ Contributor

WELCOME !

18. Bama77

Bama77

Hello everyone. I just joined the forum, I have been reloading for a little while. Mainly pistol calibers. But bought a Savage model 10 FCP-SR 308. And with the cost of premium match ammo, I decided to load my own. Joined here to browse the forums and hopefully gain so wisdom from more experienced loaders.

19. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

To all recent newcomers, Welcome and enjoy. Just as an FYI, if you buy stuff through Amazon or any of the other vendors at the top of forum pages, click on those links. Every click helps sustain the site. Aside from that, if you find the site a valuable reference or just enjoy the tit for tats between the members, consider becoming a contributor.
    Good shooting! Hog

20. JWC

JWC

Hi Im JWC and new here. I would like to know how to find out load data for the Nosler RDF 22 Cal for the 5.56. Nosler has nothing on loading it!