Welcome to the Reloading Forum -- Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Forum Boss, Nov 25, 2004.

1. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Great site with answers to many questions. Welcome all!

2. Sixgun

Sixgun

Hi Everyone!
    I've watching and reading for quit a while and finally decided to join the club. I've been perfecting my shooting and reloading techniques with a .308 and soon it'll be barrel change time. I'm thinking a 6.5 something or other or 6mm haven't decided yet. Most of my shooting is 1000yds on steel. I hope I can add as much value as I've taken from everyone here. Big thanks to everyone!
    Jeff from Ohio

3. Defender 3

Defender 3 Gold $$ Contributor

I'm a retired USAF type, a long time shooter, but new to reloading. I'm fortunate enough to be able to shoot at Quantico on weekends (out to 1,000) and want to squeeze a bit more out of my .260 by reloading.

4. 6ShotsOr5?

6ShotsOr5? Gold $$ Contributor

Hello Reloaders, my first time on the Reloading Forum, but I’ve been on the Accurate Shooter forum for a few months. I don’t plan to start reloading for a few years - something new to do when I retire. It’s not too early to start reading and learning about it though.

FatOldMIHunter likes this.
  5. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

New to forum just sayin hi . not a bench rest shooter and don't own a custom firearm. Been rolin my own for bout 18 years now tho. Im a freak for accuracy and thats why im here hoping to learn some new things bout reloading.

FatOldMIHunter likes this.
  6. J0HN_R1

J0HN_R1

New member from Canada, I'd like to start by saying "I didn't vote for Justin Turd-eau"... I'm ashamed to have him as our Prime Minister.
    Joined up to benefit from the vast knowledge of shooters & reloaders here, I'm fairly new to reloading but have been shooting "recreationally" since Army Cadets (~20 yrs ago).
    During my years as a cadet, I took a keen interest in shooting competitively. I excelled and participated at the National level, then finally ending up teaching new recruits the basics of target shooting when I missed my chance at Bisley.
    Currently, I only own 2 rifles (.223 & .243) but both can shoot sub-MOA (with handloads). The latter being a custom rifle in a chassis that I built, that shoots a bit better than my coyote rifle.

- Savage LH short action w/modified AccuTrigger (~1.25lb)
    - Bob Jury custom barrel (22", 243win, target crown, 1:8" twist, LV contour)
    - MDT LSS chassis w/skeleton carbine stock & Ergo grip
    - Badger Ordnance 20MOA picatinny rail
    - Vortex HS-T 6-24x50mm MRAD w/Vortex precision rings
    - Atlas BT-46 LW17 w/custom 3.5" forestock rail
    - shooting Hornady 105gr BTHP Match & IMR4350 in Lapua brass @ ~2850 fps

* the 500m grouping in the last pic was not ideal, I blame myself. But the barrel is barely broken-in, under 100 rds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Pogy Bait

Pogy Bait

Hi Everyone , My forum name is Marine One, I'm retired from marines and Living in Sag harbor N.Y.
    glade to be aboard!

8. Comrade Terry

Comrade Terry Gold $$ Contributor

Welcome aboard, Dennis - and Semper Fi.

9. Skee

Skee

New to this forum, had been a member of reloaderhub a few years back. Been shooting for 50ish years, reloading for 40ish. I shoot / reload rifle and pistol, many calibers. I am fortunate to have a 50 yard bermed range in the back yard, allowing a lot of shooting opportunities and load development.
    I have built a couple AR's and enjoy a small collection of vintage handguns, primarily [n 7.65mm. I just recently picked up a new Sig P210A Target 9mm, to compliment a P226 SS 9mm and P220 SS 45acp.
    Typical volume shot is about 100+ rounds per week.
    Reloading equipment centers around a RCBS Reloader Special and an RCBS Green Machine (dedicated 38 spcl target loads).

10. Rodme!

Rodme!

11. OffPaper

OffPaper

I'm a long time lurker but I get so much good info i decided to join. I'm a long time shotshell reloader to support my trapshooting habit, especially since I retired. I've dabbled a little in metallic reloading but I want to get better. Enough of punching holes at 100 & 200 yds with my .270 & .308. My first challenge is .223 up to 300 yards. So I want to work up some loads and get busy with my .223.

12. Rodme!

Rodme!

Used to reload and shoot a lot. Have not done either for 25 years. I had a 25 year old son killed in a car accident and just stopped. Have a renewed interest and have done lots of reading. Boy, have things changed! I reloaded and shot both pistol and rifle. I always took great joy from precision. With my renewed interest, I built a .308 Winchester. I have read lots of threads on this site and enjoy it greatly. Seems like a great group.
    Rod

13. Rodme!

Rodme!

A couple of my guns. Rifle is the. 308 I built. Savage target action, Bartlein 30 inch bull barrel, Kelby stock, Whidden v-bock.

Attached Files:

14. SGK

SGK

Hi guys. Steve here. I'm a NZer now living in Miami having moved from London. I'm just starting out reloading. Rifles are Blaser in .308 Win and .223 Rem and a 7mm Rem Mag custom build by Hardy Rifle Engineering of NZ. Hoping to get some good advice on reloading for best accuracy.

15. Canuckenstein

Canuckenstein

Hey names Canuckenstein lurker for years. Finally joined,instead of cruzing the shadows and stealing your magic. Been shooting since I was four and reloading almost as long. (Thanks grandpa).

16. Charlie/6mm

Charlie/6mm

Hello all my name is Chuck and thank you for the add...I am knew to this forum thing, so please bear with me. I bought a new Remington model 7 in 6mm just for the light weight as i plan to use it in the mountains of Wva. I know the barrel has i 1 in 9.25 twist and am trying to find the best deer size ball to use in it, any info that i can get would be greatly appreciated, thanks again for the add!!

17. ramjet50

ramjet50

I have just signed up for this site. I have a new X-Bolt Western Hunter in 26 Nosler. The powder amounts for reloading seem to vary more than would make sense between Nosler and Berger. Will bullet geometry, while weight is the same, make that much difference. Using Viht 20N29, Max for a 140 Nosler is 88 gr. and Start load for the 135 gr Classic Hunter Berger is 89 gr. Is there a particular forum within this site I should be looking at.

18. jarbaby

jarbaby Silver $$ Contributor

Jarbaby here, I’ve been reloading since I came back to the states in 1976. First handgun then rifle and shotgun when I started shooting skeet. My reloading was pretty basic until I started shooting benchrest. I discovered PD shooting when I saw Varmint Hunter Association announced in Shotgun News and joined. Issue one of their magazine show PD shooting in South Dakota, had to try it. Larry Pate had a advert for shooting near Lubbock Texas. A long weekend with Larry and my shooting partner and I were hooked.
    Now my son and grandson join me but as they still work, notice that’s a four letter word, I do the reloading, a weekend of shooting in the Texas panhandle or western Oklahoma will require 800-900 rounds for the three or us. A five day trip to Wyoming or such would want 2500-3000 for 6 or 7 rifles to be on the safe side.
    All this to show that I’ve seated a lot of primers in the last 40 odd years. There have been some non shooting years when I was out of the states again but still, lots of primers.
    When loading for PDs, like Graymist must do, I try to find a load that will shoot the same MV and POI for new cases as well as fire formed ones, either standard or improved calibers. My experience has been that it takes .3 to .5gr of powder more in the new/unformed case. Counter intuitive I know! This has been the case with 6BR, 6.5X47L, 243AI, and 6mm Remington AI. Didn’t try it with the 220Swift AI, was still making two bullet paths. All I can think is that some energy is spent expanding the case.
    Will be glad to exchange info/ideas on the many different approaches to accurate ammo!
    Read with interest the “are you brushing too much” article, a divergence of technique but all from successful shooters!
    Jarbaby
    If you need a gun or a parachute you’d better have one.

19. jarbaby

jarbaby Silver $$ Contributor

Semper Fi Skipper!
    I’m in Cypress and a member at Tomball Gun Club. Would be happy to shoot with you.
    Jarbaby

20. corsair4360

corsair4360 Silver $$ Contributor

Been an accurateshooter reader for years. First time shooting was as a teenager at Point Mugu Navy Base as an explorer scout in the mid '60's. Have been actively shooting and reloading since the late '60's. Shoot 22lr pistol in a league, hunt elk, shoot regularly out to 1,000 yards (when that range is open). Retired IT worker, now live in Utah 70 years young. My favorite rifle is a 6xc on a remington clone single shot left port right bolt solid bottom action. I shoot left handed due to eye challenges.