Welcome to the Reloading Forum -- Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Forum Boss, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Mhalprin

Mhalprin

Hello all. I am new to this forum as of today. I have read posts but never had the time to contribute. I am a long time hand loader in both pistol and rifle. A retired leo, armorer and post firearm instructor. Have recently been bitten by the 6.5 creedmoor bug and spending time doing long range load development. Although not a competitive shooter, I have given it some thought. Living in southern Louisiana it can be quite challenging to get ideal shooting conditions but manage to squeeze in a day or 2 per month. I have noticed some real talent and expertise on this forum and hope to contribute when I can.

2. Shynloco

Shynloco You can lead a horse to water, but ........

Welcome aboard! I happened to notice the "post" firearms instructor part. Does that acronym mean what I think it does? I too am retired leo and having the time of my life after 31+ yrs here in So Cal (actually up here in the High Desert now).

3. hikfromstik

hikfromstik

Long time lurker ,first time poster . Been a gun aficionado for years and always check this site if I have any interest in a certain caliber or accuracy issues . I like this site because of the well mannered folks and intelligent members . This isn't one of those "tacticool" ar15 forums ( I own 3 precision ar's ). This forum has more of an engineer feel to it. I love finding out how to make a gun more accurate and this site is most definitely about accuracy . I got into reloading a few months ago so I'm really excited about exchanging knowledge .

4. Bill Koepke

Bill Koepke Silver $$ Contributor

5. Bill Koepke

Bill Koepke Silver $$ Contributor

Been checking out site for a couple of weeks. I have been reloading for about a year now. I just recently purchased a lot of reloading brass and bullets from an estate sale. My question is there are Sako 220 Russian brass with 2 different neck diameters. Some are .224 and .262. I believe there supposed to be .224 why would they be expanded so much

6. andrewsben

andrewsben Silver $$ Contributor

Been reloading for a few years. Recently have went from short range benchrest mostly to longer range shooting as well. Have Reload for too many calibers to list. Love the wealth of information on this site.

7. Kiwi222

Kiwi222

Hello, I recently joined this forum as I have recently purchased a CZ Ebony 222 for varmint shooting and the odd small deer. I am in New Zealand and have hunted for 50 years, most of those years with a .270 which I reloaded for all of that time with a Lyman 310 plier tool.

I have purchased a Lee press and 3 die set so am looking forward to getting into some real accuracy as I want to be able to shoot rabbits (cotton tails), hares (jack rabbits) and various pest birds out to 400 meters. Looking forward to some great info from the forum.
    Cheers
    Ian

8. Younggun84

Younggun84

Been browsing off and on from google hits for a while, signed up for the forum when a classified ad caught my eye.

Probably spend most of my time silently picking through the information again and asking an already answered question from time to time.

9. FatOldMIHunter

FatOldMIHunter

Hello. I'm an old newb, checking in from Northern Lower Michigan. I plan to improve my hunting accuracy by reloading, breaking in my barrels properly, and just plain shooting straighter. I have an old 7mm Rem Mag and a new 6.5 Swede.

10. Skycap

Skycap

Just found the Forum and find it very interesting and knowable. So Hi everyone my name is Mark from Virginia USA. Looks like I going to be looking for a lot of information to help me along this reloading path. I am retired and enjoy shooting most everything. I am a certified instructor in NRA pistol and rifle and help the JR shooting program at my range. I shoot 6.5 Creedmoor, 308., 223, 22LR and for fun 45/70. I'm just getting into some competition shoot, rifle and pistol so looking for some good reloading info. So I'm off to read more on the forum, Happy New Year everyone.

11. Comrade Terry

Comrade Terry Gold $$ Contributor

Welcome aboard, Skycap!

12. Stud Duck

Stud Duck

Good morning all.

First post here, but have lurked for quite awhile.

I'm new to reloading this year and look forward to learning here.

13. dgeesaman

dgeesaman

I’m fairly new here,enjoy all things accurate. I’m not a hunter or comp shooter. South central Pennsylvania.

I started handloading last month when I took delivery of a Sako 6PPC-USA. My hope is to work up accurate, modest velocity loads that will let the barrel stay with me for thousands of rounds.

David

14. davexre

davexre

New to forum, though I've lurked around this site for a while, learning what I can. Long time USPSA shooter, moving into PRS, and now loading for my first rifle. I've probably loaded 300k+ rounds of pistol ammo, but maybe 400 rounds of rifle, at this point? Pretty much a rank beginner!

Dave

15. Comrade Terry

Comrade Terry Gold $$ Contributor

Welcome aboard, Dave! :D

dgeesaman and davexre like this.
  16. pilot

pilot

Old reloader, deer hunter with bow and rifle, retired, and volunteer range safety officer here. I've been trying to hunt coyotes these days and doing some longer range shooting.

17. loinhunter

loinhunter Gold $$ Contributor

Long time fan. Bit the bullet for gold! Always amazed at 99% of posters in knowledge and level of education on almost all topics. Loading for 7mm reming and 260 rem. Have so much to absorb . Forum boss is tops!

hogpatrol likes this.
  18. retired

retired

as the name says retired!
    (so i started a new account)
    been shooting for 60 years
    reloading for for 47
    ammo crafting for 25
    building precision rifles for almost 20 yrs
    shoot 50 to just over 2000 yds
    one national championship
    too old to suffer fools.
    will post my opinion based on the above
    but will not get in pizzing matches.
    gonna have to start fishing again.

hogpatrol and dgeesaman like this.
  19. TScottP

TScottP

Hello for the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay, Daphne Al.here. Been lurking for a while and thought it was time to join. Name is Scott, and I look forward to gleaning more great information from this forum.

20. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus

Hello everyone, I'm a new guy. I'm not very technologically literate, I don't even know if I am doing this right. Anyway, I am a service-rifle competitor, AR 15 mostly, though I also shoot an M-1 Garand and M1903A3 Springfield. Since I don't hit the target very well, I have decided to blame the factory ammo that I have been shooting, and am now trying to load better stuff on my own. Any help (other than telling me to favor center) would be appreciated.