Welcome to the Reloading Forum -- Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Forum Boss, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Mattiooo

Mattiooo

Hello all. New to reloading for accuracy. I used to reload just to run large volumes of inexpensive ammo. Then I gave it up. Now I'm interested in reloading for accuracy for target shooting. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

2. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm

Welcome to Accurate Shooter. You will definitely enjoy it here. Plenty that can be learned either by asking questions or searching the archives.

Don Dunlap

3. TxJDW

TxJDW

Hello,

Just found this forum and really like the wealth of knowledge. Been loading for over 44yrs and know that there is plenty to learn from the experts on this site. Thanks for putting together such a great unique shooting sports site.

TxJDW

Jess Mellen likes this.
  4. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

To the recent newbies, welcome to the forums, the best source of knowledge for accurate shooting and the one with the least amount of urinary olympics. Some of the old guys get cranky and want to argue when they don't get their naps so don't pay that any mind.:p:D

Zero333 likes this.
  5. Oats

Oats

Hi there, I'm new here but not particularly new to rifle shooting and reloading. I'm in England and have just acquired a 243 Ackley and want to run it with the 108Gr ELDM bullet so was hoping to see if anyone had any suggestions here using Vihtavouri powders, probably 160 or 165. I shoot as part of my job and get to shoot a lot of factory rifles in standard calibres so the Ackley is a refreshing change. I used to do a load of Archery back in the day for Mathews, ridden mountain bikes and have a big interest in photography as well as all sorts of rifle shooting from 22 plinking to mile shots with big stuff where I'm fortunate enough to have access to a facility where this can be done. I hunt a little when Invited for Deer and Wild Boar but most of my day to say shooting is on Rabbits and Foxes as well as winged vermin like Pigeons. I hope to get involved here as I have veered well clear of social media and YouTube experts and their unedited, unmoderated wisdom that I know enough about to know it's pretty wildly wrong. Cheers

Oats

6. hogpatrol

Welcome aboard! A search in the reloading forum may turn up some loads you requested. A wider search in the main forums page could also provide some information. Good Luck with your AI.

7. Mallardsx2

Mallardsx2

Name is Gary. Live in Georgia and I am into hunting, fishing and reloading. Needing a little help with my SL-900 so I decided to join up.

8. Mountain varminter

Mountain varminter

Hi everyone from the Wales in the Brecon Beacons (uk) national park land , a great forum you have here , I hunt varmints,deer,hog upland hunting and waterfowl, my newest edition to the gunsafe is a a Sako a1 in 17 rem , which many yrs ago was my first centre fire rifle in a remington 700 , looking forward this site best regards steve

hogpatrol likes this.
  9. hogpatrol

Mallardx2 and Mountain varminter, welcome to the forums. Pics of hunting expeditions always welcome. :)

10. NMaxwell

NMaxwell

I was introduced to hand loading in 1997 and was subsequently bitten by the accuracy bug. I worked my way up to a 6ppc bench rest rifle, which I sold a few years ago. I load several calibers for myself and friends with my .222 as the all time favorite. I mostly shoot .223 now, at steel plates out to 300m. I live very close to the Ozark foothills in Missouri.

Dgd6mm likes this.
  11. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm

Welcome to the Forum all you new members, enjoy yourselves.

12. Pirate24

Pirate24

Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been reloading for a number of years. Got here by way of searching for info on annealing with I.H. Looks like plenty of good info here so I think I'll stick around awhile. Hope to build an annealer soon.

13. DTSniper1760

DTSniper1760

Hello to all my Fellow Shooting Junkies,
    I am a 1000 Yd shooter with about 3 years under my belt that would like to move into some Competition in the future. I shoot a 6.5 Creedmoor and Handload most of the rounds I shoot.
    I guess I would fall under the PRS shooter umbrella, Modern Bolt gun, 25x Scope, bi-pod and bags, Kestrel, Laser Rangefinder... I Love Hearing the Steel Ring, 4 Seconds after I Shoot!

14. GOMEZ3247

GOMEZ3247

Hey guys, new to the forums. I just shoot the basic stuff .223/5.56, 9mm, 40SW. I reload all 3 and amnfairly new to that as well. Havent blown anything up yet so all is well so far.

15. Comrade Terry

Comrade Terry Gold $$ Contributor

Welcome aboard!

16. GOMEZ3247

GOMEZ3247

Thankyou sir.

17. marshland_max

marshland_max

Hey everyone! Brand new to the forum here, I've been reloading for the last 6-7 years and really love it. I m also an avid shooter and compete at my local club. Glad to be here!

18. Nick.T

Nick.T

Hi I'm new to the forum here and relatively new to reloading but I'm always open to new ideas. I can't wait to learn from all of you

19. mrmarmota

mrmarmota

Hey Fellas,
    My name is Ed Kerns. Been hanging around this sight a few years. Thought it about time to introduce myself. Shot my first ground hog with my dad when I was about 11 years old. Been hooked ever since. In 1973 I won enough money in a poker game to buy my first brand new varmint rifle. Remington 22.250 BDL. I also started reloading about the same time. My wife and I killed over 1200 ground hogs in southeastern Ohio in the 80's and 90's. As the ground hog population went down and the coyotes were getting more hogs than we were ,we decided to go West and try our hand at prairie dogs. I guess we have been a total 6 or 7 times,mostly to Standing Rock reservation South Dakota. Now that can certainly become an addiction and definately the most fun you can have with your clothes on. After nearly 41 years in the military I retired in 2007 and we decided to take up Varmint for score Bench rest shooting.That has been a real hoot and the folks we have met doing this crazy sport are a joy to our lives. Anyway, after 40 years of shooting and reloading I am certain there is still an awful lot to learn and this is the right place to do that. I may even have something to contribute along the way. I look forward to the wealth of information this sight has to offer.

20. Mhalprin

Mhalprin