Welcome to the Reloading Forum -- Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Forum Boss, Nov 25, 2004.

1. .22gongzilla

.22gongzilla

Greetings to all, my name is Tom and I reload for a homemade .223 target rifle that started out life as a Remington ADL Varmint. My interest is in theory: pressure curves, obturation, that sort of thing and I may get a bit bookish so bear with me I'll try not to get boring thx

2. JSFJ67

JSFJ67

Hi, I'm Stan. Looking to develop a hunting load for my .257 Roberts. A friend of mine recommended I join.
    Also, I'm looking for some brass. Anybody have some extra?

3. mtncwru

mtncwru Silver $$ Contributor

Hi all! My name is Mike, and I have a new-to-me Barnard Model P in .308 that I plan to use for NRA Mid-Range, International 300m (when the opportunity arises), and, of course, Palma. The gun was setup for Sierra 155s, so I'll be working up a 1000 yard load based around those. I'm definitely new to handloading, and looking forward to learning all I can when it comes to producing safe, effective, ammo!

4. RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Hi, I am Edwin. I just started reloading and subscribed to this forum to get some more information. I am from the Netherlands. I own 3 weapons: Steyr LP 10E airpistol, Walther SSP .22 match gun, and a Sig Sauer P226 X-Five Supermatch 9mm pistol. Of course the reloading is done for my 9mm pistol. I bought a RCBS single stage pres.

5. TJV

TJV

Hi Everybody

My name is Tom and I have been shooting for most of my adult life. I have shot everything from muskets to machine guns at all types of distances and all types of conditions. Since my recent retirement I have focused more on my reloading and once thought I knew pretty much everything I needed to know. Now I realize I am just beginning to learn.

I hope to continue to grow my knowledge base by belonging to this forum.

Thanks for listening and keep them in the X ring.

6. Hopr3906

Hopr3906

Hi All,
    Been reading AccurateShooter.com Reloading Forum for a while now. I have been reloading for 3 yr now and still learning. I reload 9mm, 40 s&w, 45 acp, 223, 243 and 6.5 creedmoor. Trying right now to tune my 243 and Creedmoor to shoot 1000yd.

7. toasty

toasty

Hello,

My name is Mike. I live in the rocky mountains and am a big game hunter and have also been reloading for long range varmint shooting for about 10 years now. Like a 204 ruger and 17 hornet for calm days, and a 6x45, 243 win, and 260 rem for windy days when shooting prairie dogs. I have learned a lot off of this board and this happens to be one of the rare forums that is not blocked by my work filter that allows me to unwind at work as I think and reloading and shooting. I hope I can contribute and give back a little. I recently got into shooting some video of prairie dogs through spotting scope. Here are a couple of them:

Billy K likes this.
  8. Quiksand

Quiksand

Hi Y'all,

My name is Shaun. I have been shooting since I was 12 years old, but just plinking and hunting. I have been getting the itch for the past couple years to get into long range shooting. I currently have a Remington 700 .308 SPS with a 26" heavy barrel. I used to shoot a Browning Gold .300 Win mag... it was stolen by a family member and transferred across state lines where it was recovered in Oregon. I have never been able to get it back... :( However, I am now getting into reloading and getting excited to get started. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Thanks!

9. JaoeyP

JaoeyP Silver $$ Contributor

Greetings-
    New to the forum. Been shooting and loading for a long time. Casually posted on other forums for years but have been getting into more precision rifles and loads and looking for a bit deeper knowledge. Currently tinkering with loads for a Howa Chassis Rifle in 243 Win.

10. stifffingers

stifffingers

Hello everyone I'm Paul, Not sure how to post so I hit the reply button. Have a puzzling question. I recently fired 15 6BR rounds, 5 of which the case necks did not expand. All cases are Lapua and on the fifth loading. All were annealed but the necks didn't budge but .001. They should be .270 but are only .266. The neck walls are all .012. Any ideas? I'm going to send some cases to Alex at AMP, he's as curious as I am. I've replied to a couple post before but never posted. Thanks, if you have a solution.

11. Uthink Uknow

Uthink Uknow

Oh, they expanded more than .001 but being newly annealled they spring back a thou or more. You are probably shooting in a tight neck chamber and that is what you get. This is good because the brass works less and lasts longer.
    Let me introduce myself. I'm an old crank and have shot and reloaded about a million rounds, give or take 900,000. That doesn't include my time in the Army when I didn't reload because I didn't have time. I was, shall we say, busy.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  12. lewis8144

lewis8144

Hi all,

Lewis here from the UK, found this site through friends, and as a keen shooter am always looking for advice, and when i can give advice to others.
    Thanks all.

13. legion27

legion27

hey all im from winnipeg canada
    i love anything to do with guns lol
    i love to hunt , with bow and rifle
    i currently own many fireams , sig 320 fs .40 , cz 85 combat 9mm, 2 ar 15's
    rem 870 shotgun, ruger mini 14 target 583 model
    rem 700 bdl safari 8mm rem mag and 1986 browning a-bolt medallion 22 lr
    to name a few :) i love to reload its been one of my hobbies for 18 yrs
    learned from my father who was a gunsmith

14. Pwdrjnkie

Pwdrjnkie

Hello to all,

I've been a long time shooter and general reloader, but for the last 2 years have been getting more involved in longer range precision shooting out to 1100 yds. I've been focusing on improving consistency in all things including my rifle components, shooting fundamentals, as well as my handload performance. I have referred to this website countless times for answers/info on various items and decided it would make sense to join the forum. I have recently switched barrels on my surgeon 591 action from a 6.5x47 lapua to its smaller 6mm brother. Load development is usually pretty straightforward, but I have very recently come across an issue regarding extremely high velocities during break in that I haven't seen before. When noticing these velocities and after double checking with another chrono, I decided the best way for me to safely proceed would be to consult with you guys here on the forum. I hope the answer is just that I have an unusually fast barrel....but checking for opinions on the matter before something bad happens seems like the best way to proceed. I will follow up with details of the issue at hand in the appropriate thread. Thank you all in advance for the expertise and advice....I look forward to soaking up all the knowledge I can!

15. Piotr_338_6.5CM_Poland

Piotr_338_6.5CM_Poland

Hello everybody. My name is Piotr an I'm from Poland. Recently I've started reloading. I own T3 .223, Sako TRG .338 and waiting for RPS 6.5CM. I'm using mostly Redding hardware but recently bought some Meplat Trimmer and Precision One Concentricity Gauge (waiting for delivery).

I hope that I will be able to share experience with shooters around the world. This weekend I'm going to shoot 1500m for the first time so I'm new in long distances but really diggin' the theory ;)

Cheers

16. GuyKickInIt

GuyKickInIt

Hi All, I am new to Rifles, New to reloading, and just plain green around the edges. Wife and I bought an AR15, and after the first 500 rounds I decided to get into reloading. Im waiting on a Grafs Mauser 6.5x55 from my brother. I'm thinkin that's where I'll save some green.
    Just finished my bench with a RCBS Supreme Kit, A 09356 RELOADER SPECIAL PRESS kit from a garage sale, and a Partner press for the powder measure.
    Got my first run of a 100 cleaned, inspected, trimmed, and primed. Now have to setup the measure to get the right drop. Everything Im using is new except the brass and a can of IMR 4064. Its a metal can that came with the garage sale stuff. It's a full pound, sealed, but in a metal can, could be as old as ten years. Is it still viable? We are a very dry climate here in Central Oregon.

Attached Files:

17. Rixy52

Rixy52

Hi all, I'm Andy from England. I hunt and target shoot. My main calibers that I use at the moment are .223, .308 and 300 RUM. Mainly been using these from a mag but now starting to play around with getting the bullets closer to the lands and some load testing to try getting tighter groups.

Gabe22BR and oneriver like this.
  18. Billy K

Billy K

Hello to the group. My name is Bill and into general mechanical stuff, cars, engineering (work), and machine work. I like taking friends rifles that don't shoot, fix them, and then work up a load to fit their needs. Latest project was a300 mag Sendero that couldn't keep it on paper. After one weekend in the shop/range it's shooting ~.300" groups. Please don't be surprised if I ask an off the wal question about a load or rifle that is behaving erratically. I'll post before and after son every one.

19. Gabe22BR

Gabe22BR Gold $$ Contributor

Rixy52 likes this.
  20. JebWV

JebWV

Hello all. I'm Jim, just a middle-aged farmboy/engineer from West Virginia. I'm an amateur gun butcher, reload a number of calibers and if I ever get enough free time, I want to compete at the 1000 yrd shoots at Whitehorse.

Gabe22BR likes this.