Welcome to the Reloading Forum -- Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Forum Boss, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Guybo

Guybo

Hi, my name is Mike and I've been visiting here for quite a while now and decided to join in. There are tons of good information here and I've always enjoyed reading the forum. I've been reloading for about 25yrs and still learning everytime I get on the bench. I reload 25.06, .260 and .308. I love shooting, hunting, archery, fishing, sports, gardening and anything to do with the outdoors. I've always been a hunter but got into long range target shooting a couple years ago and enjoy that more than I thought I would. Thanks to all here for a great forum. Mike

2. SKForester

SKForester

Hi there,

my name is Sebastian and since a long time, I read in this forum to find solutions to my rifle related problems or interests. I am from Germany, work as a forest engineer and spend quite a bit of time shooting and reloading and hunting...

3. Ron Blain

Ron Blain

Hi, my name is Ron and I am obviously new here. While I enjoy all shooting I gravitate to rifle. Retired from the Navy Nuclear Program back in 2013 and can finally enjoy more range time. Being from the SE Cleveland, Ohio suburbs I do most of my shooting at Kebly's Range home to the annual Super Shoot in the bench rest community. I am not a bench rest type but enjoy the range and shooters. I did build myself up a 6 PPC rifle on a Remington 700 action but again hardly a bench rest type. I simply enjoy shooting and have all my life. I was handed a rifle in 1958 when I was 8 years old and never let go. Actually, still haqve that rifle. :)

Ron

4. Jackal2016

Jackal2016

I'm new here. Just started getting into reloading early 2016. As well as getting back into shooting in general in 2015.

5. Booger68

Booger68 Silver $$ Contributor

Been reading this forum for years, and have found some good info, decided to become a member. I like to hunt and some target shooting.

6. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin

Greetings from Los Angeles.

I have a decent collection of rifle's and handguns but I can say that my main rifle is a 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger Precision Rifle (RPR) and the optic is a 3-21X50 FFP Bushnell DMR with the G2 reticle. I like to shoot long distance precision. I'm using Ballistics AE as my ballistics software program.

I reload and have two presses and all the tools and measuring tools and equipment I need with the exception of a case annealer and a power trimmer. I have a Chrony too.

I work on my own firearms to the extent that I can. I know when to not attempt and send it to my 'smith. I have been a master motorcycle mechanic, for 23+ years before I got out of the bike biz about 18 years ago. I have been working since then in Film & Television production.....mostly TV.....and for the last 12 or so years as a rigging grip.

That's me.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  7. specfour

specfour

Hey Ya'll, greetings from Edgefield County, South Carolina. New here, but not to reloading. I collect and shoot Military rifles and pistols of all wars, but especially WWI and WWII French weapons. I currently reload for (takes deep breath) 7.62 Nato, 5.56 Nato, 6.5 Jap., 7.7 Jap., 7.5 French, 8mm Lebel rifle, 8mm Lebel pistol, 7.65 MAS (pistol), 30 Carbine, 6.5mm Carcano, 11mm Gras, 8mm Mauser, 9mm Luger, 32ACP, 32 S&W, 32 S&W Long, 32 H&R Magnum, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 8x56R, 7.62x45 Czech, 303 Brit., 7.62x25 Tokerev, 7.62x39, and 7.62x54R...........

Andy

8. CharlieSA

CharlieSA

Hi everyone,

I'm Salomon form Arnhem / Holland and I love benchresting with my 'Eddy Keijer' .308, 28" and 11 twist

9. Jason Lee

Jason Lee

Hello from WNY, my name is Jason. Long time hunter from the age of eight on my families 564 acres to a private farm of 1800 acres we hunt chucks on for the past 28 years. Picked up reloading 8yrs ago from everything from my .223 to the .338 Lapua. I enjoy learning from others and their insight in the sport of shooting be it hunting or long range competition, I consider all information useful for a sport or hobby that is always changing. Looking forward to information of the all members making us all (hopefully) better shooters and reloaders while doing it all safely.

10. SeattleDude

SeattleDude

Hi from Seattle.

I have 650xl for my pistol loads and Forster Co-Ax for my precision loads. I shoot USPSA and 3Gun and occasionally NRA High Power. Would like to get into PRS shooting if time will allow =)

11. SheepDog

SheepDog Silver $$ Contributor

Welcome SeattleDude! I am an ex-Seattlite no living almost 300 miles east and 50 miles south of Seattle. Where do you shoot?

12. rcol317

rcol317 Silver $$ Contributor

Hello from, AZ and TX
    While I'm not new to this site I'm new to introduce myself. My names Rick and I've been a shooter since the mid 60's and have enjoyed the evolution of our sport. We've come a long way's since I started loaded with my old Pacific press and Herter's dies. I've really come to appreciate this site and the opportunity the learn just how little I know. I've been a hunter and have enjoyed hunting many different species over the years. Have always had a love for the little 6mm and 6.5 calibers. I play with bolt rifles and custom pistols. Thanks for a great site and all the information people share on this site. Good Shooting. Rick

13. sharp.shooter.ser

sharp.shooter.ser

Hello, Stefan here, 37. Been reading the forum for a while, and decided to join. Shooting 8x57Is at the moment, with fully customized Yugo48, but have plans for 308 and 6.5x47 rig in the future. Looking for MOA and under results.

14. Ray B

Ray B

Hello, I'm Ray B from Washington state. this site was recommended to me by a person I "met" on a different site. I was told that THIS is the place to go for answers to any of the questions that I have regarding ballistics. a review of the answers shows that he is correct.

15. naildriver111

naildriver111

Hello, I'm Greg from Alabama. I've been visiting here for a few years now, and finally decided to join. I'm 55 and have been an avid hunter since the age of 8 or 9. I got bit by the reloading bug about 7 years ago, and have no regrets. And I currently load for 4 of my rifles (223, 308win, 300blk, and 260rem)and 2 of my pistols (.380, and 9mm). Hunting Alabama whitetail deer has always been one of my biggest passions, but shooting and re-loading long range ammo for my 260 rem now comes in at a close 2nd. I came here in the past and found some great tips on reloading, and will be glad to pay it back by helping out anyone that I can. And about my user name...It has nothing to do with my ability to shoot. My first job out of high School was a carpenter back in 1981, and I used naildriver as my C.B. handle, and it's been my user name on many sites since the birth of the internet.

16. toxo

toxo

Hi from Kent UK.
    Retired vermin shooter up to fox. Have just bought a 17 hornet, my first centerfire and have just started reloading. Have learned much already from this forum and am looking forward to reading lots more. My initial goal is to use the hornet on foxes but also to try to develop a lighter load for less bunny damage. I've also got hmr on my ticket for the bunnies and 223rem for the foxes but am hoping the 17 hornet will do both and save me some money.

17. Just Dave

Just Dave Gold $$ Contributor

Just Dave here, broadcasting from the Eastern edge of the "Medcity" , Rochester MN. Been reloading for 20+ years, and found this forum a year ago, and enjoy the lack of drama and bickering that Facebook is so full of. Mostly bolt guns, currently infatuated with my 30-06 and my 50BMG, eventually will get back to my .223 and .243 .. Using RCBS equipment mostly, shooting Hunter class in the FCSA, I am chasing 1/2-moa at 1K (9.25" best so far ) I'm a commercial plumbing estimator for the past 18 years, empty nester, and proud patriot. I look forward to contributing and learning.

18. Wally Dog

Wally Dog

New to this site. Been in SW Idaho since '80 and kilt my share of big game, Elk, deer, antelope and bear. In 60 years on this planet I've reloaded rifle and shotgun for ~50. I have a couple of new rifles that brought me here. A recently acquired Ruger American Predator chambered 6.5 Creedmoor just topped yesterday with a Sig Whiskey5 3-15x52 will be my next project. Broke the barrel in a couple of weeks ago. Now to paper tomorrow. All set with dies and component inventory. Picked up a box of 140 gr accubonds and a box of 140 gr VLDs yesterday. Have plenty of book recipes but certainly curious about others. It appears that this site lacks much of the crap that exists on so many hunting sites. It appears refreshing.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  19. dttheliman

dttheliman

New to site as well , been using it for reference for a while , reloading for many years just started messing with 6.5 cal , namely 260 and 6.5x47 , just broke the two barrels in and got them feeding reliably from their respective magazines - have numerous 6.5 cal bullets , fresh brass and I am sure stupid questions will follow :)

20. Edad

Hi all,
    Names greg, edad on the forum. I got started shooting late in 2010, ive been reloading for 4 years.look forward to talking about 22 rimfire,as ive got a nice cz 527 lux in 22 hornet.