Welcome to the Reloading Forum -- Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Forum Boss, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

We'd like to welcome all new members to the AccurateShooter.com Reloading Forum. There is a lot of collective knowledge here to be shared. Whether you're a newcomer to the precision shooting world, or a veteran shooter, you'll find lots of good advice in the forums, plus tons of information in the site articles.

We invite first-time users to introduce themselves in this thread.

Use the "Search" link at upper right to find anything in the new Message Board. Use the "Find" button to search all site articles and old Message Board posts, or click on the Articles Index for easy access to over 500 pages of content.

[​IMG]
    Photo of 30BR, 6mmBR, and 22BR by Jim De Kort

2. jenks

jenks

Good Day folks great site here!
    Dave Jenkins signing in I like to tinker with BR cases and wildcats out of the TC-Encore platform:
    Currently working with this 26" 10 twist 6BR and have a 20BR in the works for spring.
    [​IMG]

3. wildcat284

wildcat284

Greetings everyone,

Michael from Auckland New Zealand. While I currently don't own a 6mm BR,but things will be changing soon), I have a very nice custom built 6mm/284 on a trued Remington 700 action.

What I am doing is applying the same reloading techniques that you guys are using with your 6mm BR's to my 6mm/284.

I simply love this site, and it is full of lots of helpful tips as well as friendly people to boot.

Many thanks & tight groups,

Michael.

4. JERRYHM

JERRYHM

My wife's "F" class rifle.

Bat action, 6mmBR imp.

5. M700

M700

New to the forum. Started using a 6mm Remington for varmints 30 years ago in 1974... When did that get to be 30 years ago???

Currently playing the highpower game with a .308 Win Model 70, but eager to try the 6mm/107 concept for long-range prone events. Maybe the 6mmXC? Not sure yet.

The 6mm BR really caught my eye a couple of years ago when I scored & pulled for a young lady shooting one at a 600 yard prone match. With iron sights she zinged the spotter time after time... That really woke me up to the potential of the round...

Meanwhile I've got a couple of .308 barrels to go through before I order up a 6mm barrel for my match rifle.

Regards, Guy

6. gmorgan

gmorgan

Hi, everyone. New here. I have a 6BR, 22BR, 6x284 and a 6PPC.
    I love to go after PDs and bench rest competition.

7. SF340Driver

SF340Driver

Hello All,

I was put onto your site by JB1000BR. I developed a wildcat 22BR similar to the Dasher but with a 45 degree shoulder and a slightly longer neck. Why? Good Question. At the time the 22 Dasher didn't exist. From what I know of the ballistics they are identical, as is the accuracy. I am planning a switch barrel with a 6.5BR. I also have a 308 for it being fitted as we speak,or read). I am just getting back into competitive shooting. I shot with the military, but the "real world" took its toll on my shooting time,and budget). It's a pleasure to be aboard such a quality web board.

Greg

8. SHa

SHa

Hi everyone!

I'm a young quy from Finland. This time i have 6BR rem with 13" HSPrecision stainless steel varmint barrel. Use to shot Sierras. They work well for me, expesially 75gr Varminters...

9. shcal

shcal

Hello everyone, I live on the central coast of California and like to shoot ground squirrels. I shoot 22-250 AI with an 8" twist barrel and a 6PPC HV. This site is great. Thinking of adding a barrel to the PPC rig in 6mmBR with an 8" twist for the heavier bullets. When it stops raining here I'll be shooting the little critters in the 100yd to 500yd range to help out the ranchers. Keep up the good work!

10. mdlandolfi

mdlandolfi

Hi, I am new to the forum. I recently bought a Tubb 2000 and have acquired one of his 6BR barrels. I can't wait to try it out.

I got inetrested in the 6BR by reading the postings and articles on this forum.

Mike

11. DSpringthorpe

DSpringthorpe

I recently found this forum and I am looking forward to talking to everyone.

I have a 30BR that I am not getting quite right. I will post some requests for help in the proper section.

Thanks for all of the help.,In advance).

Dwight

12. DSpringthorpe

DSpringthorpe

The system is asking for me to Please re-register,1-time) to post in New Forum. I think this is correct.

Have a nice day :):):):):):):)

13. RTex

RTex

Howdy, all -

I'm new to all this, so I may ask some pretty basic questions as time goes by. Just,today) put my brand new Pac-Nor 6.5 X 55 Swede barrel on my beaten-up ol' Savage and may not be able to wait until daylight tomorrow to start break-in & load development. ,Anyone want to volunteer to hold the flashlight beam on the target? :)) I think this is going to be fun!

Just read the review of the RCBS Chargemaster. ,Many thanks for that, BTW.) Between that and the 6mmBR performance and load info, it looks like you guys are going to cost me some money! :D

Rick

14. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

RTex,

Just this week we put a PacNor pre-fit superMatch on an old Savage. Barrel cleaned up in a jiff. No copper after 16 rounds and we just used wet patches.

With no load dev, just fire-forming loads of 29.5gr Varget, it was grouping 105gr Scenars in the mid-threes at 100, with tight 4-shot clusters in the lows 2s. This is about twice as accurate as the gun has ever been before.

Full report coming up soon.

[​IMG]

15. gdragon34

gdragon34

Saw your posting over at Snipers Hide. Can't wait to read your review. My Pac-Nor barrel is 10 feet away, anxiously waiting for an action to plug it in to.

16. RTex

RTex

Really looking forward to reading the report, Moderator!

Things look very promising with the 6.5 X 55 so far. Best group to date was .198",3 shots) at 200 yards during break-in, but couldn't come anywhere close to duplicating that today. Been using 41 grains of IMR 4064 under a 142 gr SMK in Lapua brass for break-in, mainly because I have nearly 8 pounds of it. Next week, I plan to start load development using Reloder 22 & 139 grain scenars.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated! :)

17. Anmlsrdelicious

Anmlsrdelicious

Hi folks, nice site you have here. I stumbled on to this board while trying to research info for a new lv benchrest rig, and the amount of info and expertise on the 6br that I have found here is phenominal. I've always thought highly of this cartridge, but I had no idea it had this kind of following. I decided on having a rifle built for 6br a few months ago, but little did I know how much info was out there until I ran into this site. I am going to be new to the benchrest game, and look forward to asking questions and reading knowlegable posts. I am currently awaiting delivery of a Stiller Diamondback/SG&Y stock/Shilen 1-12"/chambered for the Lapua brass from Stiller, along with a 40x45 Leupold scope.

18. two4three

two4three

Hi new on here, and I'm impressed with the site and what Ive read about these 6mmbr`s, although i dint own a 6mmbr i do own a 243, i still find this forum interesting,
    also Ive just bought some lapua scenars 90grn Damm there a long bullet,
    does any body have any data for the 90grn scenars for my 243,
    the cases I'm using are lapua, fed 210match vhitN160,
    1in10 twist 24" barrel, Ive looked for data but have been unable to locate any so any help would be BIG help.
    many thanks

19. usma89

usma89

I was put on to this site by the "mod." I sold my 308 and am having GAP build me a custom 6BR, when I get the money together, I wil have Speedy build me a full house F class 6BR.
    Thanks goes to the Moderator for helping me design my stick from the ground up.
    Mark in Texas

20. Aussie_bob

Aussie_bob

G`Day fellas i have been reading this sight with interest for months and decided to sign on and ask a few questions as components for rifles are hard to get down here in Australia.
    I am presently having built a 30BR on a Barnard Action and Mastin Stock Both local made pieces, as to Barrel not sure yet as i want a 1 in 18 twist and no local barrel maker does these and to get one from your side of the pond looks like taking 14 weeks and a lot of paperwork.Will also be getting a 6BR or 6BRX barrel for it in the future but at the moment shooting 100 and 200m so 30BR and my Sako 75 6mmPPC will have that covered.
    Have been taking State and National titles in Rimfire classes so going for the 2Gun Titles. As well as trying my hand at F class later with the 6BRX.