Weaver .22 Rimfire Scopes

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by centershot, Jun 28, 2018.

1. centershot

centershot Silver $$ Contributor

Has anyone purchased any of the three Weaver rimfire scopes? What are your thoughts about them. Is the 3 X 9 AO too big for a smaller .22?

2. Mark McMahon

Mark McMahon Silver $$ Contributor

My Brother bought a weaver 3x9 AO rimfire scope a few yrs back and loves it, I had the chance to check it out, and it's a really nice little scope I think it's about perfect size for a .22 rimfire, I have a leupold that came on a used .22 I bought around the same time he purchased his weaver, I like the weaver glass over the leupold, specially with the Weaver AO, very crisp and clear.

3. 6and7mm

6and7mm

Very good little scopes. I have a few of them and they perform well. The AO makes the scope and allows it to help the shooter to focus and aim well for 20 yards to infinity. So the shooter can really enjoy the 22lr at many, many distances. I bought mine for under/around $250. You will like it.

4. SSL

SSL

Pretty good scopes. Another option would be to check out Hawke scopes. AO adjusts down to 15 feet on my two (3×9 variables) and the stadia markings can be convenient for varying distances. I do wish they had side focus (getting spoiled with my centerfield scopes) but glass is good.

5. perry42

perry42 Silver $$ Contributor

Look at the "T" series scopes
    perry42

snert likes this.
  6. snert

snert Gold $$ Contributor

I run T10's on my 22's. But understand the desire for a little scope on a little gun

7. centershot

centershot Silver $$ Contributor

I have a BSA on my air rifle. It is the same dimensions as the Weaver. May put it on to see how it looks. The 2 X 7 would also be a consideration if I think the 3X9 looks too big.

8. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

Own one. Good glass, adjustments etc. Well proportioned for rimfire rifle use. I’d put the optical clarity on par with the Leupold rimfire.