WARNING: Active scammer alert - David Sawyer (Conroe TX)

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by KAIFS, Apr 24, 2018.

Trader History (22)
  1. KAIFS

KAIFS

Well,
    it appears that I became a victim of a scam. Who I thought was 'a trusted person' took my money and never delivered on the guns.
    goes by: sniperking on shootersforum.com, pinholeshoot on CMP... he opens accounts on multiple sites (and actually builds up somewhat of a presence/history) and attempts to scam...
    Going to post information of a scammer here, so no one else will be 'taken' as I have.

David Sawyer
    13640 Fm 1314 Rd
    Conroe, TX 77302
    tel: 5139008549

Mods: if you encountered complaints and/or userids here for him, please IM/PM me his IP address so I can include it in all of my reports (which will include Local/State/Federal) and compare it to the email IP(s) I already have.
    Thank you.

Dave Sog, simo hayha and dstoenner like this.
  2. swadiver

swadiver Silver $$ Contributor

one additional thing i do when i buy on these Forums is to put in the sellers address into Google Earth. is it the type of address you would expect to see or not? just one more tool to help against scammers

Concha, 20PPC, Dave Sog and 4 others like this.
  3. LarryDScott

LarryDScott Site $$ Sponsor

Thanks for the info. LDS

4. Ggmac

Ggmac Gold $$ Contributor

Hasn't this address been used in scams before . I thought I remember a scope delivered and not paid for ?

Concha likes this.
  5. allen529

allen529

Something like this might set off a flag if you look at it on google earth.. the RV park probably uses the same address... Ive seen that done before... good luck with your hunt.

Attached Files:

6. paperpuncher

paperpuncher Silver $$ Contributor

Texas address and a Cincinnati area code. It can be explained but it is another alarm

7. squirrelsplitter

squirrelsplitter

I Googled the address of a seller on another site only to find out the property had been foreclosed on.

8. mtncwru

mtncwru Gold $$ Contributor

With cell phones all the rage these days that's much less of a red flag for me, especially as someone with a California address and a Cleveland area code myself.

ssv1761982 likes this.
  9. sturkis

sturkis Silver $$ Contributor

It is also Mail Fraud and you can report it to them also

10. X-47B

X-47B X-III:XVI Gold $$ Contributor

The other thing is I know a lot of people do not accept PayPal on this forum, but that is a huge protection when making purchases. We like to think everyone on here has character and integrity, but that’s not the reality. Which is sad. One bad apple ruins the bunch.

Dave Sog, BenPerfected, Judd and 2 others like this.
  11. Bocephus

Bocephus

Thanks for the heads up. Really makes me appreciate all the great guys I've dealt with so far.

mikeinct, NONEYA and 300_whisper like this.
  12. mtncwru

mtncwru Gold $$ Contributor

13. 6fatrat

6fatrat SLING SHOOTER Silver $$ Contributor

I agree with Dan S on the pay pal recommendation, good to know about the friends and family exclusion.
    Steve Bair

mikeinct likes this.
  14. 300_whisper

300_whisper Gold $$ Contributor

PayPal also doesn’t mess with firearms so if you sell one and a transaction is bad they won’t help you out. Ask me how I know....

15. ppaul

ppaul Gold $$ Contributor

I disagree, one bad apple don't spoil the bunch. Not that I turn a blind eye but, I enjoy life alot more when I have faith in my fellows. Just how I was raised. Have a great day!

Paul

theare, 284winner, Bc'z and 2 others like this.
  16. X-47B

It’s true. One should not spoil the bunch, and believing human goodness is good to. I stand corrected. But having several thousand dollars stolen from me, may make me reconsider the way I do things and who I trust

simo hayha and 6MMsteve like this.
  17. LarryDScott

LarryDScott Site $$ Sponsor

You can report it to your local girl scout troop and expect as many results. Been there. LDS

okie, tmwinds, Link and 6 others like this.
  18. X-47B

I am curious, Was this person a financial contributor to the forum? A silver or gold member?

19. geraldgee

geraldgee Gold $$ Contributor

Info noted

Thank you

Gerald

20. Mr. Moose

Mr. Moose

If you send payment via USPS money order, through the mail, sent Priority Mail so it can be tracked for delivery, the Fraud Unit of the Post Office will be offended if you don't get what you paid for.

corning, Wildcats and dc.fireman like this.