Walker's Razor XV

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by mike06, Mar 18, 2019.

1. mike06

mike06

I am posting this for the benefit of members who use this for hearing protection. The foam tip replacement pack from Walkers with three different sizes of tips is a joke. As you get two sizes you do not need we all know that. I recently purchased a five pair pack from Sweetwater.com. I use the small size so here is exactly what I ordered.

Brand Westone
    True-Fit I
    Size Blue
    They work perfect a little softer than the original a better fit for me and only $14.99 plus tax free shipping for five sets per pack. Hope this helps some of you out there.

2. shoot4fun

shoot4fun Gold $$ Contributor

From my experience with the Razor XV, I'd say save your money and buy some good muffs. The ones I bought were just plain junk no matter which foam tips went on them.

3. mike06

mike06

Yes they are not that great for range work unless it is .22 and away from the big guns. I mainly use them in a deer stand and if at the range my peltor muffs of the top of them then I can stand the noise of a muzzle brake.