Vudoo Gun Works V-22 accuracy test by Eley

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by Rob01, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Rob01

Rob01

Some interesting info on the accuracy testing of the V-22 by Eley. Mike Bush from Vudoo posted this on Facebook and Snipers Hide and I thought some here would like to see it as well. I have a rifle on order from them and I am very excited to get it in. More so now after seeing this info and hearing the how well they speak of the V-22 after testing.

Here is his info:

Here's the results of the two best lots of Tenex from the Eley Test Facility. The date is listed as 05/10/17, but it must be metric for October 05, 2017.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the second image, the Expected Score is a calculated 60 shot group based on the assumptions made from the 40 shot groups. The groups on the ISSC target are 40 shots and the Distribution of Scores is the location of shots relative to the 10 Ring. In the top graph, the multitude of shots were 10.4 and 10.6. Based on the rifles that go through the facility, Dan regards rifles that score 420 or higher to be among the most accurate. After testing the V-22, he regarded it as the most accurate Repeater he's ever tested as he commonly sees the Anschutz single shots with scores like this."

"There have been numerous questions about actual 40 shot group size. Looking at the top left group, in the lower right corner you'll see 13.3, that's the edge to edge group size in millimeters, which converts to .524". The center-to-center is .302"."

300_whisper and USMCDOC like this.
  2. Rob01

Rob01

A couple picsof the melonited action.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Rob01

Rob01

Finally got settled in enough in my new house to get the Vudoo stocked and scoped up. Hopefully doing some shooting over the next day or two! Super excited!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. SDWhirlwind

SDWhirlwind

I am in awe at Mike's ingenuity and creativeness with this rifle. Simply fascinated with how it was designed! Wished my melon worked like his, instead I have a hard time stirring a bucket of mud with a stick.

5. jbell

jbell

I have kept in contact with Mike over the years, he is such a great guy! I have been waiting for him to bring his rimfire action to market and it is better than I had expected!

6. Rob01

Rob01

You and me both! I spent a few hours with him and was amazed at what ideas and ways he worked problems into reality. Not to mention being a great guy.

7. avidflyer

avidflyer Silver $$ Contributor

Emailed them 3 or 4 weeks ago to see if they are going to do a left hand model.... never got a reply

8. Rob01

Rob01

They will be doing a left hand action in the future so keep an eye out.

9. Shynloco

Shynloco You can lead a horse to water, but ........ Silver $$ Contributor

Rob01,
    Pretty rig and nice test. And not to diminish or take away anything from the test of Eley ammo, but readers should be aware that Rimfire ammo, in general, is very sensitive to the rifle the ammo is shot in. Having competed in years past shooting an Anschutz rifle, as much luck as some were having shooting Eley Tenex or Ely Black, my Anschutz didn't like any of the Eley ammo. Rather it performed far better shooting both Lapua Midas+ and Lapua Center X. Ultimately what worked best in my Rifle was Federal Ultra Match UM22 for which I had fine tuned using a Harrell barrel Tuner. My overall point is simply that afters months and months of testing and shooting all the top quality ammos, is simply that what shoots in one rifle, won't necessarily shoot in another, even if the rifles are of the same make and model. And that applies to any rimfire rifle factory made or custom built.

Alex

Mikey_P and hpshooter like this.
  10. flatlander

flatlander

Very interesting test of the Eley ammo. I've tried several lots of Eley Tenex & Match EPS in my Anschutz prone rifles (1611 & 2011) without much success - SK & Lapua ammo shoots better in both of these rifles. I tested left-overs of these lots of Eley in the Benchmark, Krieger, & Lilja custom bbls on my 40X repeaters (converted by Jonathan Elrod to use the same 10rd AI-style mags that the Vudoo uses), and again found that SK Rifle Match & Pistol Match, as well as Lapua Center-X gave superior accuracy, and at less than half the price of Eley.

I'll be doing a Krieger for my new Vudoo V-22 action this week, and putting it into a Manners Elite Tactical T4A stock - hoping this mild weather holds long enough for me to get in some good testing with the completed rifle. Have multi-case lots of both SK Rifle Match & Pistol Match, as well as most of a case of one of the better lots of Center-X I'd found to draw from - hopefully, the new V-22's Krieger will like the ammo I've got on hand as much as the prior bbls on the 40Xs do...

11. Rob01

Rob01

Got out today to test the rifle and get it zeroed. After zeroing I shot a couple 5 shot groups. I was using Lapua Knocker ammo which has been discontinued but I have a bunch. It shoots fast though at 1330fps from my magnetospeed.

Dropped one in first group.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. missed

missed

I talked to Mike a couple weeks ago. They are planning on lefties. I'm waiting for the Manners group buy to hit to get a PRS1 ordered for it.