Vortex Golden Eagle Versus Nightforce Benchrest

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by zanemoseley, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer Silver $$ Contributor

Hear something new everyday

Ray

2. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm

Good to know how to polish that turd.

3. Jay Christopherson

Jay Christopherson it's turtles, all the way down Administrator

That sounds a lot like the placebo effect to me.

6MMsteve, Macropod and dmoran like this.
  4. fatelvis

fatelvis

Any more input on the Vortex Gold Eagle? I'm thinking of buying one for my mid-range F-class rifle.

5. rinoray

rinoray Silver $$ Contributor

I have nothing but praise: been on my Anschutz 2013 22 RF benchrest rifle at 50-100yds (see the fly's eyes)
    6BR at 600 & 1000yds and it has been spectacular. Just my humble opinion.
    Wish I was a better shooter - this helped me a lot.

Attached Files:

6. swadiver

swadiver Silver $$ Contributor

[​IMG]
    swadiver Silver $$ Contributor
    I came back from Canada with some extra match rounds. took the competition rifle with the Vortex Golden Eagle on it out to 100 yds today to shoot some of those extra rounds.

Of course in Canada, the windage and elevation turrets got a big workout, going from 700 to 900 meters back and forth and adjusting for the crazy wind changes. the rifle and scope got bumped around a bit in transport to and from the Land of the Canucks and SE Florida as well.

I reset the scope to my 100 yd zero and the point of impact was EXACTLY were it was prior to my trip to the Canadian Nationals and the Worlds. very happy with the scope.

swadiver, Today at 7:11 PM Edit Delete Report
    #38 Reply

dmoran likes this.
  7. carlsbad

carlsbad Details matter. Silver $$ Contributor

I have both and have no complaints with either. I've never blamed any of my misses on either scope. --Jerry

8. raptor1ronin

raptor1ronin

Just received mine the other day. I mounted it up and headed to the range. The Turrets on the ECR-1 Vortex GE was amazing felt really good. The optics are super clear and even at 60 power the target looks great. It was a little darker, but I have seen this through my NF and other brands out there. Overall Vortex knocked it out of the park with this scope. They also made it a reasonable price point. This is important for shooters getting into this sport who cant afford a NF.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    fatelvis, dmoran, Down South and 3 others like this.
  9. 264WM70

264WM70 Silver $$ Contributor

@tom was able to test a Vortex Golden Eagle. See picture below copied from the scope testing post in the competition forum.

[​IMG]

fatelvis, raptor1ronin and Jet like this.
  10. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

A local guy went out with @AlloyTargets new scope tester and checked a couple. The GE he had did not move. At this point we have tested quite a few GEs. I just ordered a GE for myself. That scope has gained my confidence and I like the reticle and the glass is good. So far I believe its as good or better than the BR for holding poi.

11. carlsbad

carlsbad Details matter. Silver $$ Contributor

I now have 2 of them. --Jerry

12. fatelvis

fatelvis

I bought one a couple weeks ago and put it on my 222 Remington F -class rifle that I use at 300 yards. So far It is equal to my Nightforce in every way. And I really like the fine crosshair and dot.

dmoran likes this.
  13. AlloyTargets

AlloyTargets Site $$ Sponsor

Vortex also had an employee join the conversation on one of the original scope testing threads - in a positive, professional manner. Listening to your customers and being willing to admit that everyone and every company is capable of faults... that goes a long way in my book.

Judd, dmoran and Vick like this.
  14. fatelvis

fatelvis

And making such a quality scope, about $800 less than their competitor, is a big plus in my book!