Vortex Golden Eagle new and old models?

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by _Raining, Oct 10, 2018.

1. _Raining

_Raining

I saw the following on another forum:

Are we talking about the new HD Golden Eagle? If so, I'd highly recommend that one. I have the previous Golden Eagle and shoot FTR with it quite often. The old GE was a good buy but now that they've upgraded to HD glass, it'll probably be even better. I haven't had the chance to look through the new one but they price hasn't changed even with the upgraded glass.
    Maybe my google-fu isn't the best but I was not able to find info on Vortex changing the Golden Eagle.

Has it been changed in the past?

2. ballisticdaddy

ballisticdaddy Silver $$ Contributor

I have two of these, one bought when they first came out and another late last year and they are identical and both show they are HD glass on the packaging.

3. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd Silver $$ Contributor

Always remember that many self-proclaimed "experts" on shooting forms actually aren't.

PatMiles, jepp2, DBLNUT and 1 other person like this.
  4. _Raining

_Raining

I had pinged vortex about it and they said:
    We can certainly clear this up! We simply added "HD" to reflect the optical quality that already existed in the line. The scope itself remains unchanged, so don't worry about sifting through dealers in search of a "new" GE - it doesn't exist. ​

jimmymac, Dgd6mm and raptor1ronin like this.