Vision Defense Ar`s?????

Discussion in 'Small Stuff--22s, 20s, and 17s' started by RED DIRT, Aug 22, 2019.

1. RED DIRT

RED DIRT

Hey guys,
    anybody know anything about the Vision Defense V15 AR15 model? Has a 16in barrel.
    I went to their website, not a whole lot on there with what brand parts they are using to build their guns. My local dealer has one with the 223 wylde barrel. The twist is 1:9.

Please do forgive me, i dont know much about AR`s. Never owned or shot one, but it seems like now is the time to maybe get one before its to late. And because i live in a unconstitutional state, the gun has to have the "bullet button" installed before anyone can buy them here if you want to keep all the said "evil features".

Thanks guys, i would really appreciate any help

2. TAJ45

TAJ45 Gold $$ Contributor

Bullet button ?
    Whatssa "Bullet Button" ??

RED DIRT likes this.
  3. RED DIRT

RED DIRT

Its a NY compliant mag release button that is permanently epoxied into the lower so that you can`t drop the mag out of it. (unless you drill it out and put the regular mag button back in it)
    That is NY`s way of making the gun safer. Yeah i know, its BS to me too. But the gooberment knows whats good for us, right? (NOT!)

If you wear out, or break the magazine, you have to take the lower to a FFL gunsmith to have a new mag installed, and a new bullet button epoxied back into the lower.
    Once i leave this shithole communist state, that bullet button will be drilled out, shipped to albany ny with a note saying kiss my effin a$$, i refuse to be your prisoner anymore.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  4. TAJ45

TAJ45 Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks.

5. RED DIRT

RED DIRT

For those who are wondering what the "Bullet Button"is, hopefully this video can shed some light on the subject of communist states enacting unconstitutional laws against the people of their state. I`m not trying to turn this into a debate or steer the thread away from my original post, but i figured it would be best to post a video so that if others are wondering, the video sums it up pretty clearly. Thanks guys ;)

6. RED DIRT

RED DIRT

Ok back on topic... anyone know much about the Vision Defense company and what brand parts they are using when building their AR`s ?
    Or, at least some replies of others that have bought them ?

7. dfrosch

dfrosch Silver $$ Contributor

Their website shows barrels for about $100. Probably not the highest quality.

Only a few foundries forge upper and lower receivers. But they in turn take orders from, and sell them to companies such as Anderson, Aero, Spikes, etc.

8. Knotwild

Knotwild

I felt the same way back during the obama days. The prices on the Vision Defense site seem high, but the barrels are relatively cheap. Are you saying you could buy a lower and fix it as in the video legally? If I could, I would go that route and build my upper myself so I could select barrel, handguard, etc. I know you will want a decent trigger in your lower too.

Just saying, I wouldn't personally buy a Vision Defense based on the cheap barrels alone, then add the fact that I never heard of them. I did see somewhere that S&W and Ruger build state compliant ARs.