Versus Channel and HSUS

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by johnmyers, Dec 27, 2011.

1. johnmyers

johnmyers Gold $$ Contributor

How many of you watch hunting and fishing shows on the Versus channel? Don't know if any of you noticed that they have had 30min paid ads by HSUS and ads during hunting shows. These people (HSUS) want all hunting stopped so why is Versus channel allowing them on a channel supported by sportmen.
    John Myers

2. spclark

spclark Gold $$ Contributor

Good question. My first thought would be that they want the money?

Get beyond that maybe they think the ads will help improve the attitude of some "hunters" whose activities are less than humane? There's more to being a humane sportsman than just killing things.

3. sdneil

sdneil Silver $$ Contributor

Versus will cease to exist on Jan 2nd, will be NBC sports channel ,,, I think !

4. LRPV

LRPV Jason Walker Gold $$ Contributor

I may be wrong but I always thought that there was a law against discrimination when it comes to advertising. If the people want to give them money to advertise I think they have to do it. Just like radio ads when it comes election time, even if the owners don't like the people I think they have to give them fair advertising time or something like that.
    Jason

5. H2OBUG

H2OBUG

There is no more VS Channel it is now--- wait for it-- The NBC Sports network--may be the reason for the change.

6. gbp

gbp Gold $$ Contributor

probably for the same reason they have infiltrated the CA DFG
    http://www.wonews.com/t-PerspectiveReport_AnimalRights_102011.aspx

7. Larryh128

Larryh128

NBC has never been pro-gun/hunting. Jan. 3rd is the name change so it doesn't surprise me that HSUS is on board with them.

8. Larryh128

Larryh128

Remember "Guns of Autumn"??? I'm still pixxxx off after 30years. NBC lost a viewer as will Versus/NBC.