Varmint Nightmare / Nightmare X-Treme / Dogtown bullets

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by itchyTF, Dec 28, 2010.

1. itchyTF

itchyTF Site $$ Contributor

Opinions? Are they any good? Only good for short range? I notice even with the Dogtowns on sale, the Nightmares are cheaper.

2. jonbearman

jonbearman I live in new york state,how unfortunate ! Site $$ Contributor

They are fine for hunting but are no match bullet. It opened my groups up to about an 1" or so.They will work on varmints fine but if you want the best accuracy then choose another bullet.I use them in an ar-15 with a good barrel and get the best groups ranging from .7 to 1.0 at best. They are definitely worth buying especially to get plenty of practice without paying 25.00 a box for bergers etc.

3. bglenn

bglenn Site $$ Contributor

The Nightmare X-treme shoot the best in my 22 BR with the dogtown shooting about 1" to 1 1/8"

Glenn

4. sdneil

sdneil Site $$ Contributor

The Xtreme bullets are very good-- have been shooting them for a couple years, no problems--50 VNX are killer in my 22-250 with 4064, I mean killer!

5. Nodak7mm

Nodak7mm Team Lefse Site $$ Contributor

+10 on the Midsouths, killer cheap bullet... 20's & 22's.

6. minnesota

minnesota

I use the mid south bullets and am very satisfied with accuracy on them.

7. rchouser

rchouser Site $$ Contributor

I use the dog town 34's in my 22 hornet. Like them alot. Priced right, shoot tiny groups, and explosive terminal ballistics out to 200 yards. Use LIL Gun and small pistol primers. Great Value... Never tried the nighmares. rc