valentine's day

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by david kieffer, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Danoh

Danoh Gold $$ Contributor

BWAHAHA! I hear ya!

GotRDid, Bc'z and vahena like this.
  2. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full. Gold $$ Contributor

I went to the range and got home a little earlier than usual. Fed the squirrels, birds, foxes, hawks, deer, raccoons, possums, and skunks. Happy Freakin' Valentine's Day. :mad: Then I sat down, ate dinner and watched the latest lineup of murders, shootings and mayhem on the Philly news. It marks a dark day anyway.

The ancient Romans may also be responsible for the name of our modern day of love. Emperor Claudius II executed two men — both named Valentine — on Feb. 14 of different years in the 3rd century A.D. Their martyrdom was honored by the Catholic Church with the celebration of St. Valentine's Day.

GotRDid likes this.
  3. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

The next day. Wife is happy. She wanted to go shopping so I took her everywhere she wanted to go .We got some pants at the dry cleaner, fresh hamburger and good cheese from the butcher, new stationary at the card shop and a used saddle..............we don’t own a horse..............:mad:

vahena, GotRDid, Bc'z and 2 others like this.
  4. hogpatrol

Heck, make every day a holiday. Buy her new frying pans, cookie sheets, pie plates, an iron, a vacuum cleaner, canning jars, various kitchen utensils, a mixer, whatever works. a-outta.gif

GotRDid, david kieffer and joshb like this.
  5. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

Roses are Red
    Violets are blue
    My lawyer will call you
    I’ll be at Sue’s.

GotRDid, david kieffer, KMart and 3 others like this.
  6. david kieffer

david kieffer Gold $$ Contributor

thank you all for the help. I went shopping , got her a dozen carnations ,[ yes they are cheaper ] a card [free with the flowers ] , checked out the vacuum cleaners , [to bad nothing on sale ] came home and made supper [yes that's right , here on the farm we eat dinner @ high noon ] I made shrimp , scallops ,salad , baked sweet potato with brown sugar butter . I also did the coupon book idea 1 for a nite out ,1 for a trip to hawks ridge labor day weekend , [she won't use that one ] and 39 for wild you know what . [ I can't wait ] . darn it I forgot the candles, but I did find a bottle of wine . I'am still thinking about the lama , [ maybe I could barrow your saddle josh ] anyway when she came home she was very happy. thanks. dave

GotRDid, joshb, vahena and 2 others like this.
  7. hogpatrol

What? Nothing related to guns? Sheesh. :D:p

GotRDid and joshb like this.
  8. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Eastern pleasure, or western?
    If she comes home with a riding quirt your in trouble

GotRDid, joshb and david kieffer like this.
  9. wzee

wzee Silver $$ Contributor

That's a good one dave!!!! werner see you in april

GotRDid and david kieffer like this.
  10. dkhunt14

dkhunt14

I hope you got spurs with that saddle. Matt

GotRDid and joshb like this.
  11. dkhunt14

dkhunt14

Hawks Ridge labor day is the IBS 1000 yard Nationals. They ain't using bows. Matt

GotRDid, hogpatrol and david kieffer like this.
  12. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

Got mine ammo for her 45 and 10mm, she couldn't be happier!

Tom

GotRDid, Bc'z, joshb and 2 others like this.
  13. Tnslim

Tnslim Silver $$ Contributor

My late wife will be gone 4 years next month but yesterday she gave me a Valentines remembrance. I've never liked Dr Pepper and lots of times when eating out she would swap her Dr Pepper with my Coke and watch me gag. Yesterday I stopped at a local eatery, ordered chicken fingers and a Coke and took a slug to wash down the chicken and it was Dr Pepper........couldn't help but smile as I though of her pulling her pranks in the past. Happy Valentines Day, Cindy.

Ironworker, Whitey, GotRDid and 11 others like this.
  14. jimmymac

jimmymac Gold $$ Contributor

Nothing says I love you like a dumpster. I've been threatening my dearest with this for a couple years now, but every time I do it I get a bit of an eye roll. You see, we've collected a good bit of "stuff" over the last 24 years of marriage. We are not hoarders, but we clearly have too much stuff.

Fast forward to Thursday. I open my Valentines Day card, and find a gift certificate for a dumpster inside. Pretty sure I'm the only guy on planet that got a dumpster for Valentines Day. May the purge begin.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    GotRDid, Bc'z, david kieffer and 3 others like this.
  15. david kieffer

Well guy's it's that time . Don't forget your sweetheart . I need some more ideas , (Very helpful last year ) I would like to be creative . I thank you for any help . dave

GotRDid likes this.
  16. hogpatrol

This year I'm giving her a million dollar life insurance policy and a trip to China. a-outta.gif

GotRDid, okie, Joe Salt and 5 others like this.
  17. Zero333

Zero333

Flowers and that purse she always wanted.

You spend thousands on your toys... so several hundred bucks on a useless purse she always wanted is worth it.

Believe me when I say, even if she already has 100 purses, for them there is no such thing as too many.

Unless she's different from other beings with 2 X chromosomes.

GotRDid, david kieffer and joshb like this.
  18. david kieffer

I briefly thought about a divorce , but after 42 years I can't afford it . 50% x nothing = 0 ( she still works )

GotRDid and hogpatrol like this.
  19. carlsbad

carlsbad Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep. Gold $$ Contributor

No wife but my daughter turns 16 this year on Valentine's day so this is going to be an expensive one....car and insurance.

20. hogpatrol

Yes, but a LOT cheaper.

carlsbad, GotRDid, Zero333 and 2 others like this.