valentine's day

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by david kieffer, Feb 14, 2019.

1. david kieffer

david kieffer Gold $$ Contributor

don't for get your sweetheart , It might be a good investment . mine put up with me for 41 years ,she deserves something nice . help me with ideas , I thinking maybe a new gun , scope , bullets or rangefinder , but she don't hunt or shoot. help please. dave

wzee, hogpatrol, New Gun and 3 others like this.
  2. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

Yep...New scoped rifle sounds about right. It's the thought that counts

300_whisper, Snuggie, Bc'z and 2 others like this.
  3. rebel

rebel Gold $$ Contributor

How about a weed eater?

4. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

We try to keep the romance going even after being married for 30 something years(I don't feel like doing the math) . Today we will go out for a meal and stop at the local shop for powder and primers on the way home . Our anniversary is in a month so we save the heavy romance for that...going to a gunshow over in VT...She always buys me a gun on that special day . I am a very lucky man.

Bc'z and david kieffer like this.
  5. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

A new vacuum cleaner always makes a girl happy!;)

6. david kieffer

I don't know about that , she will make me run it , less time to shoot and reload . or did you mean a four leger - goat sheep lama oh yes It could double as a pack animal I like that. thanks dave

joshb likes this.
  7. david kieffer

yes ,she could use it to clean my mess in the reloading room ,more time together she likes that. thanks . dave

hogpatrol likes this.
  8. SDBigDog

SDBigDog

Give her candy and a hour range pass, to shoot her new 22LR pistol and new ear muffs and shooting glasses. She will think she is obligated to try the sport and u may never know, she might like it. My wife of 32 years gave her stuff to our youngest daughter and went with us to the range. She loves to give!! still won't shoot :( o-well she goes with us and has fun!! I guess that is what it is all about!

daleboy likes this.
  9. squint-n-squeeze

squint-n-squeeze

Two words: FLO WERS

They seem expensive for something that's dying, but get them anyways.

300_whisper, hogpatrol and Just Chuck like this.
  10. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Silver $$ Contributor

I gave my sweetie the gift of taking care of me at home after orthopedic surgery yesterday. 20yrs ago I would have been in the hospital instead of at home. This will cost me many times what a normal valentines day would have cost.

HTSmith likes this.
  11. cdiver

cdiver

My gift......in a couple of days I will see a gun I like
    Val-Day.jpg

joshb, hogpatrol and squint-n-squeeze like this.
  12. Mark W

Mark W Gold $$ Contributor

I shopped early this year!! Stopped for flowers, card, and candy on the way to work instead of on the way home. The stores are just too busy with last minute shoppers in the evening!!

Bc'z likes this.
  13. DirtySteve

DirtySteve Gold $$ Contributor

I would say just help her around the house and take her out for diner. Maybe toss a movie in there..

FFEMT, david kieffer and Bc'z like this.
  14. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

David I'll tell you the secret if you let me use your rifle in a shoot off like you did Eddie!

Joe Salt

hogpatrol, New Gun and david kieffer like this.
  15. Paula Marie Hamilton

Paula Marie Hamilton Gold $$ Contributor

I got up early and fixed my hubby a full breakfast. Eggs, sausage, fresh busicuts with susage gravy, a pot of coffee some fresh mixed berries (not sure how JayC has blueberries & strawberries this time of year, but at least not frozen).. Tonight I'm making steak (I saved the tip of the loin from this year's deer), buttered potatoes, grilled eggplant, salad and a peach cobbler. I may not have a lot of disposable income, but I can cook like I love him.

JBT, hogpatrol, Just Dave and 13 others like this.
  16. david kieffer

more ideas please, no candy, she said that makes her fat . flowers, I got some @ a gas stop once $2.99 she said I'am cheap. vacation- last one was the 2017 Ibs 1000 yd nationals during a hurricane , her only comment was never again , so that don't work. guns- Christmas I built her a new LG a real nice one in a 7mm creedless , that didn't work either, joe maybe you would like to try this one. she is the best, I need something nice . thanks dave

hogpatrol likes this.
  17. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

That does it, I'm coming to your house for dinner. Keep a plate warm, should only take me 3 days to get there.

joshb, hogpatrol and Down South like this.
  18. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

Well David first you have to tell her how much you love her, The Flowers work my wife is a sucker for nice flowers. She even remembers the day Eddie K. gave her flowers at the range and that was years ago. Make a date with her for (dinner of her choice), and you have to make sure she no matter what she says or does she is always right. Then after dinner a move of her choice at the movies or at home. And then a nice Back Rub! If that doesn't work I guess I don't get to shoot your rifle.

Like I always say ! They are all Sisters.

Joe Salt

wzee, hogpatrol and david kieffer like this.
  19. Intheshop

Intheshop Silver $$ Contributor

I'm cooking dinner, grilling some $$ steaks... baking potatoes and salad from a bag...

She deserves it! Been married to my dumb arse for going on 40 years,haha.

20. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

Make her up a coupon book. One for every year you have been married. Include things like.....Dinner & a Movie etc. Different amount of times allocated for Slave Labor around the house & garden. And don't forget to include the very important......SHUT UP & Get away from me section ( 10 minimum )......You get the idea....;)

Regards
    Rick